IGNORED

'68 Datsun 2000

BruceGorsak

Two 1968 Datsun 2000 project cars I will never get to.  Yes I will clear out any junk in the cars to get them ready to pick-up but they need a good home to bring them back.  $3000 firm for the 2 of them.  No parting out at all. Price is firm otherwise they will stay yard art.

IMG_1045.JPGIMG_1035.JPGIMG_1036.JPGIMG_1037.JPGIMG_1038.JPGIMG_1039.JPGIMG_1040.JPGIMG_1045.JPGIMG_1041.JPGIMG_1042.JPGIMG_1028.JPGIMG_1026.JPGIMG_1034.JPGIMG_1031.JPGIMG_1031.JPGIMG_1030.JPG

IMG_1044.JPG

IMG_1027.JPG

• Like 1

I'd take the project on .... the two of them plus some homework could make a nice ride. But its more than I want to do at my age.  If I have a project is a lot easier than this one.  Im trying to get out what I got in it and see someone have a rare car.  Did you see the price guide on these thing ... that's one of the reason I was interested.  Did you see the vlues on these little bombers?Current Values

• #1 Concours$48,500
    Condition #1 vehicles are the best in the world. The visual image is of the best vehicle, in the right colors, driving onto the lawn at the finest concours. Perfectly clean, the vehicle has been groomed down to the tire treads. Painted and chromed surfaces are mirror-like. Dust and dirt are banned, and materials used are correct and superbly fitted. The one word description for #1 vehicles is "concours."
  • #2 Excellent$35,900
  • #3 Good$16,500
  • #4 Fair
Wow ... I figure w ell worth while even lomg term project

1 hour ago, BruceGorsak said:

Ahhh ... the #4 Fair value was given at $9,800 ... OH those are Hagerty valuations

If you look at Hagerty's definition of a #4 car, it's a "daily driver with no parts missing".

Not exactly what's pictured above.  Those two are probably best left to return their natural elements to the earth.  They appear to be about half way there.  :)

Dennis

I never said any of those values were represented by either of these two examples.  I only stated these are Hagerty Valuations as a basis of whether or not it would be worth pursuing.  If fact I think somewhere along the way I mentioned you would need the 2 to make one good one.

I have only restored one car that was comparable to the condition of these ... maybe it was a little worse because it had a lot of Wisconsin rot in it.  It took a couple years to finish on a part-time basis but came out class 2 plus; ended up selling it and got class 2 plus money for it.  I cannot imagine restoring a car with the goal of making it class 4 unless I guess if you have no experience and are just learning.  But even then you should have higher aspirations and the valuations certain justify this project if you have the experience and big enough gonads to try it.  If you don't know how ... don't try it.  ALso stick with one major project at a time.  I'm simply at the age of not wanting to spend that kind of time on any huge project again and my disability (bad back), would require twice as much time to do it than I would have need 20 or 30 years ago.  If you do your own work you'll put 20 grand into finishing one up.  The more you farm out, the more you'll spend.  If you don't know how to do anything don't try it unless you are young, stating out and learning.  But if you don't ever try to tackle a project like that... you really won't ever have the satisfaction of completing one.  Twenty grand, your labor and time can get you more than double your money. The worse I have done so far is breaking even ... I don't think that's too bad after having 50 wrench turning years.  The only thing better than learing about a car that you love and doubling your money to me is a beautiful woman and I have one of those so priorities have shifted to time with her and not in the resto shop.

I, frankly, don't understand why someone would want this in their yard as "art".  There's no obvious reason why a car should rot when an enthusiast could take it and turn the car into something beautiful again.  I do understand why you wouldn't want to part the cars, it takes time.  But, I do think you should get these cars to good homes, at fair prices, so they can breathe life again....

18 hours ago, Mike said:

I, frankly, don't understand why someone would want this in their yard as "art".  There's no obvious reason why a car should rot when an enthusiast could take it and turn the car into something beautiful again.  I do understand why you wouldn't want to part the cars, it takes time.  But, I do think you should get these cars to good homes, at fair prices, so they can breathe life again....

I couldn't agree more. And I would say getting less than you want, but selling them would be better than getting nothing, and simply letting them rot in place and losing any remaining value. I don't see how anyone wins in that situation.

At a glance, I don't think the black one is done for. It would be a full strip down job, but I think there might be something to work with there. The red one not so much. I'd call that a parts car.

I agree with you guys... and I have yet had anything become yard art although I think yard art is better than the crusher.  As far as price ... yup I could and may take less, but I have never had anyone offer me more over and above fair prices, but I will admit I have paid more than the asking price on goods and services I procured.  I would love to see these go to a good home.  but I have a limitation as to how low I go (in price that is).  I am currently parting out a couple of other cars and as I move through my staged projects they will all move up in rank and priority as to becoming a project for me.  I am only working one at a time and am willing to part with these.  Make an offer if interested  and keep in mind the valuations offered by Hagerty to justify the project.  The more  look at the number, the more I think about doing it myself

As far as the Mopar question... its funny I was President of the Chrysler Club's Wisconsin Region for 5 years and have some stuff  will sell.  Look at the Mopar Groups for sale stuff and you may see something you want  I have listings in there also.

Take Care,

Bruce