IGNORED

1973 240Z Resto Mod for sale

zKars

Well the time has come to call this one "done" and move on to another.  

I'm selling my 15 year ownership project Z to finance the next build. Don't call me crazy for selling it, I know what I'm doing. Ok, call me what you like, but don't call me Shirley. Do contact me at z240@shaw.ca for the quickest response or PM here.

To say it is heavily modified would be an understatement. I feel like I have done every standard and specialized mod I've ever heard of. Some 3 or 4 times, just for fun. The highlights are:

• 3.1 classic stroker motor (N42/E88) with forged rod/piston combo. Currently Z Therapy SU fed, triple Mik 44's available. Sounds and feels like no other L6 I've ever driven. 
  • Late ZX 5 speed
  • 3.7 R200 Z31 turbo CLSD with Z31 CV's properly done, 3" alum driveshaft with Chev U-joints.
  • McKinney motor sport weld on coil overs, AZC adjustable control arms all around. 
  • 16x8 VTO alloys, Yoko S-Drive tires. Z31 vented rotor/Sw-8 Toy calipers up front, Mustang rear disks rear.  
  • Vintage Air AC.
  • Completely custom wiring, guages, dash, keyless, Stereo, LED lighting package, even a back up camera for God's sake.
  • Very very low rust stengthened chassis. Fresh paint in 2008 (Mitsu M08 code), Totally stripped and resealed with many layers of POR, sound deadening, and tough coatings.

Is it perfect? hell no. I actually drive this car and don't baby it. It has, shall we say, several minor visable "usage indicators". I'll share every detail of what it needs now and in the future, and every thing I can remember that I've done to it, good and bad. I've personally done every bit of the work to this car except paint. 

No surprises, no hidden demons. 

A blllion hours put into this car, and about the same $. Been at many shows, the car is very well known in Alberta and BC. References as to my Z skills and general demenour and trustworthyness available upon demand. I'm sure I can find someone around here to lie for me.   Asking $25K USD FIRM.  Recent BAT Z sales tell me this a pretty good number.       

IMG_1169.JPG

IMG_1170.JPG

IMG_1229.JPG

IMG_1280.JPG

Gee, I have no pictures of the underside. Don't worry, it's lovely, really.

Edited by zKars
  • Like 1

Few other pictures I dug up.

With the current SU setup

IMG_1348.JPG

With the previous Triple 44's in place and my custom air box. Very drivable this way, just not as "nice" as with the SU's. You know what I'm talking about, such as 30 MPG vs 15MPG... 

IMG_3118.JPG

Here we are in San Diego ZCON 2014. See, I do drive it. And not just to the grocery store.

IMG_2446.JPG

IMG_3012.JPG

Edited by zKars

I know all you guys have your project cars already and aren't likley to dump them to buy this one,  I just wanted to give you-all the chance to have a shot first. Maybe you know someone, maybe there is a lurker just waiting for a car to pop up.

I'll advertise it to the local Datsun heads here next by word of mouth and see what happens. Then maybe BAT.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Zed Head said:

Any videos, or performance numbers?  I think that either of those would help sell it.  Interior pictures also.  Looks like a well-built car.

I know I should do WAY more advertizing but this is simply a first attempt to say "its for sale" to  this very unique group.

It's never been dyno'ed, but my butt dyno says 250/275 HP/Torque. And I should share the sound of this thing, it;s intoxicating and you can barely hear the intake noise with that dang air box.  

• Like 1