IGNORED

crank sensor

cin

1981 280 zx turbo crank sensor part number 23731 V0801  discontinued  can part be rebuilt  what would I have to do to re modify need help any thing you could do would be greatly appreciated please answer  Thanks Cin

Cin I'm thinking you mean the one on the crank pulley correct?

The 81's had a rig on the timing cover and a toothed wheel on the crank pulley. They moved all that to the dizzy with a nice optical thingy in the 82-83

Edited by zKars

2 hours ago, Patcon said:

That's the right car but Rockauto has the wrong part for it.  1981 was unique.  Their compatibility table shows that it's for the later distributor style sensor.

You have a big problem.  You can convert to the distributor mounted sensor easily but those are hard to find also.

borini63 has always been good for old ZX parts.  @borini63

thanks for all the input I have sent a message to borini63  I found the one at Rock auto but after I talked to them I knew it was not right. If any one has ever changed out the distributor any input that you could send me would be appreciated

Cin