IGNORED

New member introduction - My 76' 280Z in Atlanta

2 hours ago, eloZada said:

I let it run for about 4 minutes I think it was

Did you really mean 4 minutes? Is that all the fuel in the jar after 4 minutes? I would think it should pump a lot more than that in 4 minutes

I had checked that oil on the top of the dome and refilled it with whatever oil was recommended on the manual.
I don't think it was more than 4 minutes that I had it running, I wish I would have timed it.

I will see if I can record a video of the hesitation. But pretty much, when I press the gas pedal, the engine does not manage to rev up past 2k and it sounds really deep. It usually happens after a while, when the car is warmed up and usually when it's in gear and driving. There comes a point when I loose power completely and then just shuts off leaving me stranded in awkward places. Although today it seemed to do it from the beginning. Gotta try again to see if it had sth to do with what I touched today.
In any case, I will start ordering the gaskets for the float bowl.

Sent from my iPhone using Classic Zcar Club mobile

Does the engine rev freely when it's not under a load?

Patcon is right. That doesn't look like much fuel for a four minute run. A fuel pressure and volume test will rule out lack of fuel up to the carbs.

Any crud in the float bowl is bad. The crud can slosh it's way into the needle and seat, potentially, either partially plugging the fuel orifice Lack of fuel) or stop the needle valve from seating. (too much fuel) depending on the size of the crud. Be sure to remove and clean it. I'm curious if the floats have deteriorated to the point that they don't float at the proper height anymore. On the outside of the float lid, where the fuel line connects, clean the small (last chance) filter (fine screen) located in the banjo fitting. Check the float height, reset the mixture screws to 2 1/2 turns and fire it up.

• Like 1

Generally it runs freely when it's not under load. I will do as you say, I imagine I will have to disassemble the whole thing to clean and adjust it properly?
I will try to do it as soon as possible so I can give you guys a response soon. (I'm in the process of moving to a new place within Atlanta and there's lots going on). I really appreciate the help!

Where are you moving to and when? I might be able to pay you a visit soon if needed.

Right now I live on 26th St, right between Midtown and Buckhead and on Saturday I will be moving to Druid Hills, on Ponce de Leon near Little 5 Points, but I guess the car will stay on 26th St until it runs good enough for me to drive it to the new place. If you can stop by that would be awesome. Let me know when that would work for you and I can send you the exact address per PM.

I have a very good friend, with benefits for ME, living in Lennox Villas off Lennox rd. Ponce de Leon was a cool spot when I had a bike. Can't remember the bar's name but super crowded on Sundays. Had a skull and cross bones painted above the entrance. Biker bar on Sunday. A bunch of fun! Miss those days...8^(.

Covington HWY strip club too. Bikes and booty!!!

• Like 1

I have a very good friend, with benefits for ME, living in Lennox Villas off Lennox rd. Ponce de Leon was a cool spot when I had a bike. Can't remember the bar's name but super crowded on Sundays. Had a skull and cross bones painted above the entrance. Biker bar on Sunday. A bunch of fun! Miss those days...8^(.
Covington HWY strip club too. Bikes and booty!!!

Vortex Bar & Grill, best hamburguers in town I think. Still there