IGNORED

1970 240Z on eBay with Low VIN?

lonetreesteve

14 hours ago, Gav240z said:

Apart from a poor paint job what's wrong with it?

Other than being thoroughly rotten with rust, a trashed interior, and having not moved under its own power for years, absolutely nothing!

Have removed the seats, old carpets and felt (and mouse nests). Took some photos, it does have a couple of soft spots on the floor and in the spare tire well, but overall the floors are sound. I believe that the car has potential, but I am not sure it is a project that I will complete. The car is complete in all of the hard to find parts and a true one owner example, but it has been neglected for 34 years. I will try and get the engine to turn over and the rear brake drums free, then make a final decision.

IMG_1986.JPG

IMG_1985.JPG

IMG_1984.JPG

IMG_1983.JPG

IMG_1982.JPG

IMG_1991.JPG

IMG_1990.JPG

IMG_1989.JPG

IMG_1988.JPG

IMG_1987.JPG

IMG_1992 (1).JPG

IMG_1992.JPG

IMG_1994.JPG

I have a 1970 240z, and I think it came originally with blue vinyl. From your pictures, I *think* that car has black plastic trim. (maybe just dark and/or dirty though?). Can you confirm the trim piece colors for the rear deck etc.? Trying to figure out if I need to acquire blue trim pieces or not. I know they exist, but maybe only for later cars? Or maybe that owner replaced his at some point. The doglegs look blue in this car though. In my car, those are black too (currently anyway). 

If you part it out (and that look really unrestorable, now that I look at it ;-), I'm interested in a few things!

40 minutes ago, Warty said:

I have a 1970 240z, and I think it came originally with blue vinyl. From your pictures, I *think* that car has black plastic trim. (maybe just dark and/or dirty though?). Can you confirm the trim piece colors for the rear deck etc.? Trying to figure out if I need to acquire blue trim pieces or not. I know they exist, but maybe only for later cars? Or maybe that owner replaced his at some point. The doglegs look blue in this car though. In my car, those are black too (currently anyway). 

If you part it out (and that look really unrestorable, now that I look at it ;-), I'm interested in a few things!

The plastic trim pieces are blue. You can go to your local professional paint vendor and they can color match the blue and mix up paint with plastic additive. You would want to match the back side of the trim pieces where the plastic has not been exposed. I will post a photo of a plastic trim piece tomorrow and the back side to give you a good idea of what the color looks like originally. The blue plastic rivets are still available. The dog legs still have the protective plastic covering, never removed from the dealership. 

12 minutes ago, JLPurcell said:

The plastic trim pieces are blue. You can go to your local professional paint vendor and they can color match the blue and mix up paint with plastic additive. You would want to match the back side of the trim pieces where the plastic has not been exposed. I will post a photo of a plastic trim piece tomorrow and the back side to give you a good idea of what the color looks like originally. The blue plastic rivets are still available. The dog legs still have the protective plastic covering, never removed from the dealership. 

Thank you.  I picked up a blue/blue a couple of months ago, so this is helpful.

Thanks. My trim pieces are all black, so I don't have anything to match against for the paint. Aside from the dogleg and I think the "rear trim" piece, I think I can still get blue trim pieces online. Dogleg probably needs a professional upholstery shop I would guess. My rear trim piece isn't from a 1970 240Z anyway, so if I find one, I think that's one I'll have to paint.