IGNORED

Wanted: 240z (preferably modified) - Cash Waiting

Jay.

As above really, I'm looking for a 240z (only) ideally with an engine swap and some street friendly modifications.

I have somewhere between $10-15k waiting.

Many thanks

J

30 minutes ago, grannyknot said:

Check out HybridZ classifieds, http://forums.hybridz.org/forum/70-cars-for-sale/

Thanks, I've had a topic up for a few weeks but no luck. I thought I'd try my luck over here too :)

6 hours ago, JSM said:

May help to post your location your looking in.

I'm based in the UK, so I'd be looking anywhere in the USA. Ideally near a coast but I can get it trailered if required. 

7 hours ago, black gold man said:

Thanks for these, unfortunately they're both auto boxed and looking for a manual! 

4 hours ago, Jay. said:

Thanks for these, unfortunately they're both auto boxed and looking for a manual! 

It is a fairly easy conversion...pedal set, tranny, slave cylinder, some hoses and some interior trim pieces

3 hours ago, Patcon said:

It is a fairly easy conversion...pedal set, tranny, slave cylinder, some hoses and some interior trim pieces

That's true. I gave the guy an email, but not heard anything back.

I've found this rough car on CL, IMO it's significantly over priced, but it's sort of what I'm after. It's clearly been in a front end smash, and poorly repaired. There's a rusty rear valance and rear sills. The paint work is a mess. It sounds like it'd be fun to drive though. 

https://rochester.craigslist.org/cto/6178852543.html

Don't suppose anyone knows of it?

I would say that car is trading in the range we have been seeing lately. I agree that would have been over priced several years ago but not so much now. Always buy a car with the least amount of rust. Everything else is secondary to that...

21 hours ago, Jay. said:

I've found this rough car on CL, IMO it's significantly over priced.

https://rochester.craigslist.org/cto/6178852543.html

Don't suppose anyone knows of it?

Keep in mind that a nearly rust free car is much more rare in a place like NY, and will therefore command a premium compared to a place like CA where they're easier to find. Honestly, I wouldn't even bother looking in NY. AZ, CA, NV, would be my first choices, followed by NM, ID, UT, CO. Dry states.