IGNORED

Some one help

78datsun3.3

I have a Datsun buying problem in a big way and i have over committed. In the last year and some change I have gone through the process of purchasing six of them. I've got more parts then I know what to do with. Hood with louvers in good shape, gas tank for a 75, su carbs, trim motor that has been board out to much and we can't get compression down n42 block. Need to sell some and focus on just one or two of them. Have a 83 parts car f54 with p79 head five speed. Ive gotten to the point where I was contemplating a group sell but not sure how smart that is. 78 280 75 280 and a 83 parts car. If anyone needs anything or has any input on what to do would love to hear it

Sent from my Pixel XL using Classic Zcar Club mobile

2 hours ago, 78datsun3.3 said:

I have a Datsun buying problem in a big way and i have over committed. In the last year and some change I have gone through the process of purchasing six of them. I've got more parts then I know what to do with. Hood with louvers in good shape, gas tank for a 75, su carbs, trim motor that has been board out to much and we can't get compression down n42 block. Need to sell some and focus on just one or two of them. Have a 83 parts car f54 with p79 head five speed. Ive gotten to the point where I was contemplating a group sell but not sure how smart that is. 78 280 75 280 and a 83 parts car. If anyone needs anything or has any input on what to do would love to hear it

Welcome. You've found home. At this club you don't have a problem. Over committing behavior is considered normal here and maybe even a goal. I'm curious about your story of finding and buying six Z's in one year. Can anyone out there meet or beat six Z's in a year? I'm guessing that you're single, or married and in deep trouble or you have a wonderful wife. In that order.

I actually purchased 8 in the year, so yes single. My first one was a neighbor who was getting ready to move had it sitting in his garage wanted 2500 for it. I went home started looking them up fell in love with them bought it the next day. My dad and I went to a garage sell in the mountains and a gentleman had one sitting in a round about ended up trading him a garage for it. Then my dads neighbor had a 240 which had a rebuilt motor all that fun stuff so next thing I know I have three. Here is where things got crazy. I ended up meeting a gentleman who has been working on these for at least 40 years or so. Parts for days, heads, turbo, triple Webber carbs all of it. that's when the trouble came. I bought up everyone I could find. Ended up with a low vin 70. I figured that was the one to put my money in but it came with a 72 that had been raced. It's got a glyson rear end I have the original but the motor was running crazy compression. So instead of my mechanic and i fixing them up little bit at time he decided to give me his spare racing motor. Turbo diesel crank n42 p90 head, spray bar. So everything else is on hold. the 75 has a bad piston ring. Only makes 51 pounds of pressure all others are 121. The 78 I drove away but it cuts off after it warms up. Haven't even tried starting the 70 it just sits there waiting for love. All of them came with random parts and what have you but I'm no mechanic I just love cars.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Mark Maras said:

Over committing behavior is considered normal here and maybe even a goal. I'm curious about your story of finding and buying six Z's in one year. Can anyone out there meet or beat six Z's in a year? I'm guessing that you're single, or married and in deep trouble or you have a wonderful wife. In that order.

Wow thank you. Made me feel normal!