IGNORED

Sato Wins!

JLPurcell

1 hour ago, grannyknot said:

Looks like the Americans have taught Sato how to drive cause he sure didn't accomplish much in F1

They must have taught him well. His last 5 laps were masterful. At Indy P1 is not where you want to be on lap 197 but he pulled it off. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, grannyknot said:

Looks like the Americans have taught Sato how to drive cause he sure didn't accomplish much in F1

Sato took the 2002 Jordan Honda to fifth at Suzuka in 2002 (in a season where the car broke more often than not), following it up with a sixth at his one-off run in the 2003 BAR Honda at Suzuka the following year. In 2004 he scored 34 world championship points in the BAR Honda when teamed up with Jenson Button.

in 2001 Sato won the British Formula Three championship, the Macau Grand Prix and the prestigious annual World F3 Masters event at Zandvoort in Holland.

I don't think he needed anybody to teach him how to drive before he took his career to the IndyCar series.

Maybe you're confusing him with Alex Rossi?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HS30-H said:

Sato took the 2002 Jordan Honda to fifth at Suzuka in 2002 (in a season where the car broke more often than not), following it up with a sixth at his one-off run in the 2003 BAR Honda at Suzuka the following year. In 2004 he scored 34 world championship points in the BAR Honda when teamed up with Jenson Button.

in 2001 Sato won the British Formula Three championship, the Macau Grand Prix and the prestigious annual World F3 Masters event at Zandvoort in Holland.

I don't think he needed anybody to teach him how to drive before he took his career to the IndyCar series.

My point exactly, sarcasm is best served cold. Sato's 2017 Indy race was masterful. He was quietly upfront and out of trouble all day and there is nothing to say about the last five laps but mastery of holding P1.  

13 hours ago, HS30-H said:

I assumed that the original comment was an attempt at trolling the crowd. Looks like it worked.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Walter Moore said:

I assumed that the original comment was an attempt at trolling the crowd. Looks like it worked.

No, I think he just doesn't know anything much about motor sport.

• Like 1

I'm wondering what celebrations are going on in Japan.  How does car racing compare to baseball in Japan?

In Canada only a very small number would know who won Indy, most people are Facebooking these days and events around the world are ignored unless they can raise the interest more than legalized pot or the Kardasians.

kim_kardashian__cardassian_celebrity_sta

I worked on the fire and rescue crews at the Indianapolis 500 for a number of years and experienced first hand the national pride that the Japanese had for their countries drivers while being assigned to work in Hiro's pit one year. My son and I were working on his house and listening to the race we shared a high five when the attempted pass failed on lap 197. I knew then that history was being made. I watched the re-telecast of the race that night and even knowing the outcome enjoyed it.  

Edited by JLPurcell
  • Like 1