IGNORED

1969 & up 240Z seat belt tags - Reproduction

240Ziggy

I have reproduced the seat belt tags for the 1969 240Z we are restoring and if anyone else is interested please let me know. This is going to be a one time run as it is very difficult and time consuming to make. The material and print is as close to the original. I will custom stamp the month per order, once trimmed, I will heat treat the edges to reduce from fraying.

First time offered here and sharing to CZC members, price for 4 tags per set is $100US, additional $30 each per tag, shipping will be FREE. I will wait a few days who are interested so I know how many months to stamp.  So far i'm going to stamp 9 and 12.

Once it dries out here, whatever left overs I have will be sold on-line for $120US per set plus shipping cost $26.70 from Canada. 

Thanks in advance.

New 1969 seatbelt tag.jpg

fabric sample.jpg

9:1969.jpg

Ziggy,

I'm very interested in procuring a set from you, but would need the date stamp to read  7 -1970

Would you consider this??

The belts I have are the originals to the car, but the tags I have are quite tattered and do not make a full set of 4.

Jim D.

"Zup"

@JLPurcell

I remember that thread Jerry----I've thought about Snake Oyl before, but your thread indicated you had some less than perfect results with them. Seems you got it all worked out, but I had reservations and they're pretty pricey.

After seeing Ziggy's excellent result with the 69 underhood decal, I'm hoping to place this additional work his way. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zup said:

@JLPurcell

I remember that thread Jerry----I've thought about Snake Oyl before, but your thread indicated you had some less than perfect results with them. Seems you got it all worked out, but I had reservations and they're pretty pricey.

After seeing Ziggy's excellent result with the 69 underhood decal, I'm hoping to place this additional work his way. 

Yes, they were a bit pricey, but matching the webbing labels etc... they did an excellent job. First time instead of replanting my original male ends they used a standard end not realizing that not only was the end not correct it would not receive the shoulder strap. They plated my originals and redid the belts. In the end I have been very happy with their work. 

3 minutes ago, JLPurcell said:

instead of replanting my original male ends they used a standard end not realizing that not only was the end not correct it would not receive the shoulder strap.

That (above) and the cost was what I remembered most---it gave me pause that they didn't inspect your originals and realize that their solution was not!

Glad they made it right for you.  (redemption as it were---) 

Ziggy, looks like you really nailed it, from the correct font to accurate sizing and fabric texture.

Any chance that you could do a set of 4 for me with a date of 1 - 1971?  

I am currently working on reproducing the early master vac decal, so I can definitely attest

to the work involved in doing these right.  

Dan

ok AZ. I will add yours, but please confirm and post a photo of your tag, i'm not sure if your 1/71 is the same style as the '70 still. My '72 has a 12/71 stamped on it and has a "Y" on the side. Notes on the 1970 and 1971 has a letter code on the right edge, see photos. I have no idea what they meant.

240260280 - I'll add yours too when you confirm the month.

1971 seatbelt tag.jpg

1970 seatbelt tag.jpg

• Like 1

• 240Ziggy changed the title to 1969 & up 240Z seat belt tags - Reproduction