IGNORED

Stroker 3.1

On 5/21/2017 at 11:54 AM, Diseazd said:

Good question sweatybetty.......anyone know the answer?

Site....Why not call and see if you can send back the 190's and trade for 170's. Isky sends .175's if I recall.

I called Schneider and the guy says they only get .190s now and the customer files them down to size.  I asked about hardening and he says they are good throughout, not to worry.  Then I asked my hillbilly question, can I grind them down with the side of my grinding wheel?  He said that would be fine for the biggest part but to finish them off with a flat file.

I may do all 12 myself?  I have more time than $$$. :D

Guy do you know what type valve stem seals Eilji used on your head?  If they'll work with your cam they should be fine with mine, very similar profiles, and a heck of a lot easier than the metal banded Viton Ford ones I was planning on using.  I'll have to drive mine down where it looks like your's just slide on like the OEs.

DSC01186.JPG

IMG_3397.JPG

• Like 1

Zama......Eiji has a drawer full of seals....don't know who he gets his from, but Viton is what you want.....and what Eiji uses. The Nissan seals are the orange/brown color......the best! If you need a low profile seal for a higher lift cam, the Ford low profile seals are what you want. Eiji told me he uses the Ford low profile seals for high lift cams.....he was using low profile seals from Japan, but he finds the Ford seals easier to install! However, It's not just the cam profile that determines short or tall seals. A .490 lift doesn't require short seals in a shaved P79 head because you are using a valve that is .080 inches longer. In the E31 or E88, you will need the short seal if you use a lift above .460. Not sure about the N42/47.

Edited by Diseazd
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

That's funny!

My nephew had something similar with plastic tires and all it did was spin on the hardwood floors in my sister's house.  I wrapped the one that turns with Gorilla Tape and he crashed into her dining room table, put a big ole knot on his forehead.  No more inside driving for him, luckily it's only too cold for a month or two down here.

• 1 month later...