IGNORED

1971 Datsun 240z series 1 BEWARE

2fourtyzee

After having looked at the car on 5/9/2017 the car is a rust bucket.. any serious buyer in the states or over seas please make sure you ask for tons of pictures.. the car has more rust than what you would expect or imagine, floors are gone, rockers are gone, roof is gone, rear deck lid is gone.. the car will need everything gone through.. what a waste of time

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb/cto/6124396890.html

6 hours ago, 2fourtyzee said:

After having looked at the car on 5/9/2017 the car is a rust bucket.. any serious buyer in the states or over seas please make sure you ask for tons of pictures.. the car has more rust than what you would expect or imagine, floors are gone, rockers are gone, roof is gone, rear deck lid is gone.. the car will need everything gone through.. what a waste of time

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb/cto/6124396890.html

Rust bucket is a subjective term, that's what we call a pretty clean Z where I live.

4 minutes ago, grannyknot said:

Rust bucket is a subjective term, that's what we call a pretty clean Z where I live.

if you think this is clean i can imagine what you guys think of a driver quality Z, you guys would probably pay a fortune for one too.. lol.. this car is far from being road worthy or put back on the road.. unless you have about 10-15k to throw at it just for rust repairs.. assuming they are done rite. you can go the easy route and fiber glass the whole car but how long will that last

Yes we pay through the nose for our cars.  You get what you're willing to pay for in my opinion.  I paid $2,000 for mine and spent another $5,000 getting what I wanted.  Wouldn't take a dime less than $20k, next year $25k maybe. The fun daily driver wore off in the early '90s with  ZX then I made the mistake of buying one of those damn 911s. LOL

• Like 1

It is an original car however with all the correct parts still there. Sure it has rust, but how many don't at this stage? It sold anyway from the looks of it, so someone else saw the value in it, even with that vinyl roof...

Since CL listings often end quickly (which has happened to this one already) it would help if the VIN is included in a post like this so people can know which car the discussion is about, now and in the future----if the listing included the VIN.