IGNORED

Mitty Weekend

SteveJ

You missed a great time, Charles. I was hanging out in the paddock a fair amount with the people I've gotten to know through attending the races.

By the way @Diseazd, a couple of my friends are starting to make plans to drive in the Chump Car race at VIR in August. They will be driving a RHD ZMW. :)

Steve....I hope you got a chance to meet Woody, Sam Neave and Greg Ira. Sam builds all the engines for the number 46 car plus Greg's, Woody's 240 and 280 race car. Those guys are a trip....totally nuts! I almost booked for the Mitty, but too much else happening.....post more pics if you can.

Guy

Sounds a little bit like Italy? Sam built motor. :wub:

IMG_0824.MOV

Edited by Diseazd

5 minutes ago, siteunseen said:

That's two sharp Zs right there Steven, good pictures...thanks I'm glad I wasn't there. snarky face emoji;

I hope you all miss this rain I'm getting tonight.

Uh...more pictures please.  Tape that Pro whatever on a Z and lets see some door bumping. 

Just kidding, have fun!

Unfortunately, it looks as though tomorrow will be a washout. However, we need the rain badly, so I refuse to complain. After all, I was able to spend two glorious days at the track. I got to catch up with my track friends. I got to see some BEAUTIFUL cars running around the track making a wonderful noise and filling the air with the sweet aroma of racing exhaust. I was able to experience the LS6 swapped 240Z of a dear friend, and I also got to help diagnose an electrical issue on another friend's track car (It was a two year old battery that was not kept on a trickle charger.)

Lest I forget, I got to see Greg Ira charging around the track in a 240Z, mixing it up and holding his own against some impressive V8 beasts. That man knows how to get a car prepared and wheel it around the track. If he's on this forum, SOMEONE please tag him for me.

Pictures will be later. I have a few thousand to sort through from today. I did shoot a tiny bit of video, too. I'll ask my friends if they can provide any Youtube links from their cars.

Finally, it's a relief to say that Bob Leitzinger (http://www.rrdc.org/member/bob-leitzinger/) is okay after experiencing a terrible shunt at Turn 1. I had just walked up to the fence near Turn 1 when I saw the blur of a car zip by, go through the gravel trap, and head straight into the tire wall. From what I heard later, his 510 had a hung throttle on one of the fastest parts of the track. All he could do was keep the car straight to avoid rolling it. His family said he is being held at the hospital for the weekend for observation.  I'm posting the photo only because I know he is doing okay. I hope he buys the fabricator of the roll cage a great dinner as the passenger compartment was completely intact. These guys take quite a risk to entertain us.

2017 Mitty Picture 049.jpg

• Like 1