IGNORED

Looking for a kind Californian near Huntington Beach!

notWes

Hello there Z lovers and enthusiasts! My name is Wesley and I've been hanging out here for a little while and I have finally decided to create an account and join the fun.

I've recently entered a position where I'm able to purchase my dream :) I am a Canadian resident located near Toronto. Sadly Canada's market doesn't have any affordable Z's in decent shape. SO, my reason of writing today is to ask a huge favour. I've found a 240z I'm ready to buy yesterday in Huntington Beach California. Everything checks out in the ad, however before I fly myself out and uHaul the car back home I'd love a second opinion.

I was hoping there might be a local member willing to check the vehicle out for me. I will happily compensate your time and knowledge! Wether you'd like to exchange favours (no innuendo intended) or make a quick buck please do let me know. I'm crazy excited and serious about this 240!

I would post the ad but seeing as I'm new here I should read the posting rules out before i potentially get myself into trouble! Please please please contact me through PM or chat, my number, or my email address (which i will provide personally to posters in the thread!)

Thanks a ton for the read, this is a rather urgent post so I will probably be able to reply 24/7! Excuse my grogginess if you catch me asleep.

Sent from my iPhone using Classic Zcar Club mobile

• Like 1

I'm about 40 miles away from Huntington Beach, but as far as places to go, it's not so bad :) Can't make it out that far in the next few days, but I've been trying to get a couple days off next week and could probably make some time. Shoot me a PM if you're still looking for help and I'll see if I can swing something.

• Like 1

Hi there, notWes, and welcome to the forum!   I'd be happy to go check the car out for you.  By chance, is it a '71 silver automatic?  ;)

I'll shoot you a PM and we can chat.

Gary

norcal z in SoCal

• Like 1

Hi there, notWes, and welcome to the forum!   I'd be happy to go check the car out for you.  By chance, is it a '71 silver automatic?  default_wink.png
I'll shoot you a PM and we can chat.
Gary
norcal z in SoCal

Thank you for the warm welcome! You know the one hahah! PM has been sent :)

I'm about 40 miles away from Huntington Beach, but as far as places to go, it's not so bad default_smile.png Can't make it out that far in the next few days, but I've been trying to get a couple days off next week and could probably make some time. Shoot me a PM if you're still looking for help and I'll see if I can swing something.

Hey there! Thanks a lot for your willingness to help! I hope not to occupy too much of your valuable time. I've PM'd you and I will be in contact :)

I did meet with the seller of this car yesterday, gave it a look over, test drive and responded back to notWes.  The car needs work, no doubt, but it has a solid foundation to work with; some minor rust bubbling in only a couple of spots and some other minor paint imperfections that will require a complete strip-down and repaint later.  Similarly, there were some minor mechanical issues that will need attention, but it can be driven and enjoyed right now as the seller has been doing.  I thought that the seller presented the car honestly and accurately, although he isn't as knowledgeable (or, fanatical?) as most of us are about z cars.  Since the auction has ended early this morning, hopefully notWes will stop back in here to let us know. 

Edited by norcal z
Edit: added thank you to Patcon
  • Like 1