IGNORED

Bad Dog Parts Frame Rail Contest

gnosez

Bad Dog Parts began selling frame rails to Z owners who wanted something stronger to handle the added stress of more HP, autocrossing or track events.

The 2016 father-son 240Z team that won their class in the grueling Beijing to Paris race did so with a set of front and optional rears installed by the late John Coffey, Stacey Davis on GearZ TV installed our 280 rails because he wanted the extra strength to handle the supercharged Ford V-8 he was installing and hundreds of Z owners from Alaska to Florida, Sweden to New Zealand, Canada to Norway and Australia to England now run on Bad Dog Parts.

So on a long drive  last week I began to wonder just how many sets of rails we’ve sold since 2003 and was surprised to learn that Bad Dog Parts is now just thirty (30) sets of 240/260/280 frame rails shy of 2000 sold.

To help us get to the 2000 set milestone we decided to offer everyone a discount and two lucky Z owners an opportunity to get Bad Dog Parts for free.

Starting February 16th, both our 240/260 frame rails and 280 rails will be discounted 10% off the current selling price of $230 and $244, respectively. The cost for a single 240/260 or 280 rail is half the prices shown above minus the 10% discount.

In addition, the set of optional 240 rears made for those of you who have added more HP, drive your Z real hard or just want a stronger chassis will also be discounted 10% .

All of our produced parts costs include shipping within the lower 48 States. For those of you outside of the lower 48, we will get a shipping quote and add just the difference between a delivery in the lower 48 to one say in Canada, Germany or Australia, etc. and email you the added amount for your approval before shipping.

Bad Dog will keep these prices in place until the 30th set (or 60th  individual frame rail piece) is sold.

So what about getting my parts for free ? There’s two ways that will happen.

As each order comes in they will get a random number assigned from 1 to 60 with folks who order a set getting two numbers. Once all 30 sets are sold a number will be selected at an upcoming Z Car Club of New England gathering and the person with the winning number will have the cost of their frame rails refunded.

The second way is when the 60th individual frame rail piece has been sold and the person who placed that order will get a refund back from Bad Dog just like the random number winner but with an added incentive.

If say the person who ordered that 60th piece also ordered a set of seat brackets, optional rears, sway bar  and jack plates, then the entire cost of that order will be refunded. The total for that order with both the discount and shipping comes to $673 (240 fronts & rear rails - $333, seat brackets -$250, sway bar plates-$35 and single point jack plates- $55).

Two people will get free Bad Dog parts and the odds aren’t anything like the lottery where it’s several million to one. You needed the frame rails anyway so why not take a chance on getting them for free. I guess the worst case is that your Z would now be sporting new frame rails.

And to all the folks who were order #54 or #1489 and made this possible, we at Bad Dog Parts truly appreciate your patronage and support.

Thank-you.

• Like 3

If you can either post a picture of the rails or take some rough measurements we should be able to come up with a fix for you.

Start at the tail end of the rail and measure the length up to the front of the firewall (as it slopes upward). Exact is not necessary just yet.

The 2+2s made from 74 through 76 had the coupe frame rails (think about that for a moment) and at some point in 77 they made them longer on I believe the passenger side. I have not seen that many later 2+2s and those that I have seen had already by repaired by someone fabbing up something. I'm sure there were OEM replacement rails available back in the day but I have never seen any for sale.

• 1 month later...

It snowed yesterday as I took the race car back to the garage but the good news is that we are now 5 sets away from 2,000 frame rails sold.

Whoever ends up buying the 2,000th set, and anything else purchased along with them, will get a complete refund.

snow racer.jpg

Edited by gnosez
  • Like 1