IGNORED

2+2 Rear End in 240z

HuD 91gt

Pulled out my driveline to get easy access to fuel lines (upgrading to 3/8" for turbo charger) on my 1971 240z. 

Everyone knows the "while I'm at it" way of doing things.... I'm upgrading my rear end. I purchased the rear end from a 280z 2+2. Its an R200 with the CV axles. I will be stealing the mustache bar as well.

Does anyone know if I'm going to have issues mounting the CV style axles onto my 240z hubs? Or am I going to have to source out some universal style R200 stub axles to get this setup to work properly?

I figured it was easier to strip and paint one set of drivetrain rsther then doing it, then having to upgrade. 

Cheers

CV axles didn't show until about the 1980 280ZX.  Maybe 81.  Got pictures?  Not clear what you're working with.

If you meant 280ZX 2+2 then you could do a hub axle swap.  The 240Z and 280ZX used the same spline count axle and size at the hub.  There are writeups out there.

BUT.  The 280ZX doesn't use a mustache bar.  So, back to not clear what you're working with.

Those are u-joint half-shafts.  You'll have all of the parts you need to swap the R200 in, without extensive work. Your 240Z half-shafts will work, if you are buying the parts separately.  Although a spare set of half-shafts isn't a bad idea.  Get a zerk fitting and regrease the u-joints before installing, if they have the caps over the zerk holes.   I think that you might want the diff mount also, just leave it bolted to the diff.  Although it's probably rotten.  

Thanks for the quick reply. I havent actually seen the unit in person yet.

Ill grab the front diff mount as well, but I do plan on doing an RT mount, and if need be I can use it as the sole mount with a urethane bushing. 

Once again tha js fir the reply. Ill try and get some cinished photos up too.