IGNORED

[2017] What Did You Do To/with Your Z Today?

zed2

Installed the R200, halfshafts and front and rear supports. Installed the newly converted driveshaft. MT-90 arrived today. It's ready to take out for a test run but need to decide whether reinstall the old exhaust 1st or go directly to the new Zstory full system before the test run.

Don's iPhone using Classic Zcar Club mobile

Part 2

I was at Xfinity (Comcast) the other day and they gave a home security system with free installation and monitoring for 2 years. Didn't need it as I already have one for our home. So had them install in my garage. Free security for my cars, parts and tools. Who said nothings free. Plus they lowered my monthly cost by $60 month. If you haven't updated your service in last two years go see them.

Don's iPhone using Classic Zcar Club mobile

5 hours ago, siteunseen said:

Beautiful picture of your car.  Another castle with a moat!  Americans would be riding jet skis around something like that you know.

Now can you tell me if you put a Schneider 270/280 .460 cam kit in your car?  I tagged Lumens the other day thinking it as him but I realize now it maybe was your car.

I wanted to ask you a couple of questions, through private message.

Thank you,

Cliff

Ask away, ill try to answer.

I have what msa call the stage 3 kit 270/280 460 cam that's correct.

/Andreas

• Like 1

8 hours ago, siteunseen said:

Beautiful picture of your car.  Another castle with a moat!  Americans would be riding jet skis around something like that you know.

Now can you tell me if you put a Schneider 270/280 .460 cam kit in your car?  I tagged Lumens the other day thinking it as him but I realize now it maybe was your car.

I wanted to ask you a couple of questions, through private message.

Thank you,

Cliff

Stock it with catfish and bull frogs and live off the land!!!

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Oem european market front spoiler and valance arrived yesterday's. Very happy to have found one. Now it's time to hunt for a 432-R rear wing IMG_8808.JPG(about 100% sure I will have to settle with a replica )

Edited by moelk

My Z has been at the body shop for the past week I worked with the shop on a couple of body panel alignment issues. We finished working them out today and I will be bringing it home tomorrow to put the rest of the front end back together. I still have some work to do but we made great progress in getting the panels properly aligned. 

10 hours ago, JLPurcell said:

My Z has been at the body shop for the past week I worked with the shop on a couple of body panel alignment issues. We finished working them out today and I will be bringing it home tomorrow to put the rest of the front end back together. I still have some work to do but we made great progress in getting the panels properly aligned. 

JLPercell, i am having issues getting the fenders to align with the doors, and the hood to align with the fenders. any advice or tips? did you get any pics?

thanks

21 hours ago, sweatybetty said:

JLPercell, i am having issues getting the fenders to align with the doors, and the hood to align with the fenders. any advice or tips? did you get any pics?

thanks

I had some serious alignment issues and there was a learning curve on alignment. I will share what I found in a day or two when I have a little time. JLP

New brake booster and master cylinder = no more mushy brakes!

New engine mounts and tranny mounts = no more car shaking like an earthquake at idle or shifter vibrating during acceleration

New rear main seal = no more leaks

Oil changed and radiator flushed and new coolant = happy cool engine for the Texas summer

New timing crank, alternator belt and distributor set = better ignition and happier engine

Vacuum lines replaced = better idle and acceleration

Lots of progress this week!

Sent from my iPhone using Classic Zcar Club mobile

• Like 2

On 6/21/2017 at 9:17 AM, sweatybetty said:

thanks

My car came back from restoration with terrible fitment problems in the sheet metal. I lived with it until I had the time to correct it properly. The doors did not close properly, the hood did not open properly the front fenders had to be bolted on with pan head machine screws due to the fact that there was not clearance for the heads of the proper bolts. We started out by removing the front sheet metal and taking some basic body measurements. We found that the right front shock tower had moved in 1/4" while on the rotisserie (we assume). First the tower had to be pulled then we began by aligning the doors to the back quarters. We had to install spacers in the top hinges to get the door sitting correctly with the rear fender. Once this was complete the doors closed properly. We then began installation of the front fenders. the tops of the doors being spaced out slightly and the correction of the right tower make the fitment correct. We had to move the mount, (the fender mount inside the front of the door opening) out. The fenders aligned relatively easily once the doors were in their proper place. The hood posed a bit of an issue initially. We raised the hood and took out the springs then set it down in place. We  tightened the hinge to body screws then installed the springs. We set the front height by loosening the bolts and pushing the hood slightly below the point of level with the light buckets, the springs push the hood up slightly once you let pressure off. During this process I had both access doors off the front fenders, the battery and the windshield washer bottle removed. This allowed me to reach in and tighten the hood striker once the hood was closed in place. It is also helpful if the hood does not want to release during the adjustment process, you can reach in and loosen the bolts to release the hood. This is basically the process we used and it made an amazing difference in the fitment of of the sheet metal. I am extremely happy with the results. We did chip some paint here and there and will have to address this in the near future. I hope this helps with you project I will try and get some photos to post when I have some time. JLP

• Like 1

• Mike pinned and locked this topic