IGNORED

Nissan 2400 OHC value cover

7tooZ

On 12/9/2016 at 9:36 AM, zKars said:

I'm chatting with the Gibbs dealer in Edmonton. No one in Calgary yet. His price is $21.50/can + shipping, or $15 a can if you buy 12. Once I get a shipping quote from him, I let you know if its worth me buying 12 and shipping them to you Canuckers a bit cheaper.

May be an issue with shipping aerosols that makes it a bit pricier.

Sign me up for a can, too.  You can never have enough 'wonder chemicals' on the shelf.

Here is the deal with the Gibbs stuff. Finally contacted my "local" supplier. He is sending a case today.

He ships via Purolator, as they will ship small quantities of Dangerous goods such as aerosols via ground. He is confirming a cost for me for the case I'm asking for, but believes the last one he sent here was $25-ish. Here is Purolators web site info on how to handle the packaging.

http://www.purolator.com/assets/pdf/dangerous-goods/Shipping-Dangerous -Goods-Aerosols.pdf

Canada Post, and all it's wonderful cheapness, will not ship dangerous goods, aerosols are on that list. This may make my distribution of products to Eastern Canada non-cost effective.

Since all (most, sorry Blue) of the above interested parties are in Ontario, I'm willing to bet you will be better off (ie spend less $$) if you order from one of the local suppliers near you directly. Here is the contact page.

http://www.gibbscanada.com/20080825/dealers.html

Let me know that doesn't work out, and I'll get my roll of strapping tape and boxes ready.

Edited by zKars

The Ontario distributor, JR Power Products, is apparently this guy:

Jack Langen

(905) 880-9976 15650 The Gore Rd  Palgrave ON L0N1P0

Chris, I believe that address is within shooting distance of your place.  Apparently Langen is an old-school hot rodder and used to sell the stuff at shows and meets.  Why not check him out to see whether he has any Gibbs on hand?  If he does, grab a can for me, too.

On ‎7‎-‎12‎-‎2016 at 2:00 AM, 7tooZ said:

Would it devalue it to polish it. Been saving it for that early serial number car I haven't pull the trigger on yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Classic Zcar Club mobile

That would be the only reason you would want to buy one ( for restoration if you are missing the early valve cover ), from beginning of 71 the last 240Z's came with this valve cover. I see no reason putting an early valve cover on a mid 71 or later 240z.

The 2400cc Valve Covers came on all North American 240Z from Oct. 69 to about Mid 1970. Around July -The change over to the NISSAN OHC's started with the introduction of the A/T equipped models. Not sure when the change over was complete but less than 10,000 had the 2400cc Valve covers. So most likely correct on 240Z's with VIN's below HLS30 10000 - without the A/T.

• Like 1

And the magic elixir has arrived to keep them lovely for all time.

Anyone can pick one up locally off me for $20.  

IMG_2509.JPG

IMG_2512.JPG

And who better to be the spokesperson for this amazing product...

615AAFB6-2882-4653-B70C-416E1917B623-28878-0000111FC4F34BEE_tmp.png

Edited by zKars

11 hours ago, Namerow said:

The Ontario distributor, JR Power Products, is apparently this guy:

Jack Langen

(905) 880-9976 15650 The Gore Rd  Palgrave ON L0N1P0

Chris, I believe that address is within shooting distance of your place.  Apparently Langen is an old-school hot rodder and used to sell the stuff at shows and meets.  Why not check him out to see whether he has any Gibbs on hand?  If he does, grab a can for me, too.

Yes that is just down the road from me, I will try to contact him. Although now that I have promised to buy a can from Jim I might get Gibbslapped for buying one locally.