IGNORED

LD28 Crank - Purchase

Buddjack

Good evening, I just purchased a second L28 motor to rebuild into a stroker.  I currently have a 72 240z with an L28 but want more power.  I just came across an 82 Maxima Diesel that has 160k on the motor, the engine is running and for sale $1k, I have some questions and need advice?  It appears the LD28 cranks arerunning about $2k on eBay, this appears to be a good deal but I am not sure if I need to do anything to the crank once  I extract it, based on those miles, should I have any concern about that crank?  Is there anything else from that engine that is valuable (less worried about that).  Thanks for the feedback and suggestions.

There is someone asking 2k for a crank on ebay but you can source them for $700-800 in the US. There was also one in New Zealand for sale recently that you could get shipped to the US. The cranks are very tough but it needs to be inspected by a competent crank shop. Straightened, polished and balanced with the rest of the rotating assembly. Sometimes people are interested in other parts off the diesel, the intake, the head, the diesel guys want the injectors and pumps sometimes...