IGNORED

Coil Noise Supression Condenser - Early 260Z

fixitman

Could some one provide a photo of the connection point for a stock coil noise suppression condenser?  I'm not sure if it connects to the primary terminal of the resister block or the black with white wire near the engine harness/coil connector that accepts a bullet connector.

Thanks.

Edited by fixitman

I've found that is you want a photo, people are more likely to get one for you if you provide one yourself, first.  An even exchange.  Aside from that, it doesn't really matter as long as the electrical circuit is connected to the coil's positive post.  Use a meter and make sure that the B/W wire is actually connected to the positive post.

Good idea about the photo.  Thanks.

As shown in the photo, the condenser is currently connected to the resistor block.  But I'm thinking it should be connected to the black with white strip wire on the right that accepts a bullet connection.  The condensers for the voltage regulator and the alternator have  similar connections.  I haven't been able to find a photo of an original 260 coil that shows what the black with white strip wire connects to.  The FSM and fiche are not clear.

IMG_0682.JPG

Any thoughts?

The wiring diagram shows an EGR relay wire that's BW, in that area.  Does the wire have power with the key On?

And the 1976 wiring diagram shows a condenser attached to the Ballast, like yours is now.  Could be that's not even an ignition system wire.

• 8 months later...