IGNORED

Scarab #160

Randalla

Thought I would start a thread here as I begin restoration on Scarab #160. I recently purchased the car after seven years chasing it. #160 is built on a 1975 280Z chassis. It has the wide body rear quarters and front fender flairs, I'm told it's one of three "wide body" cars currently listed in the registry. The car is in need of a full restoration and as such will take time. I plan to post updates as the project progresses.

IMG_1374.JPG

IMG_1384.JPG

P1000708 (4).JPG

Edited by Randalla

This is a factory car, not an owner built Scarab. As such, there was a list of standard "Scarab" factory equipment included on every car and then a number of owner decisions/extra cost options that could be selected so Scarab could personalize each car, based on owner preference and pocketbook. Engine HP started at 300 and topped out at 425 for the 350 turbo cars.

I typed "Scarab" in the search bar and went back to 2005 to find this thread.  There have been many conversations about the famous Scarabs on this site and well worth the search.  My friend ZRush had a Scarab.  Good luck with your restoration!

Scarab-001_Brian Morrow-007.jpg

Edited by 26th-Z
Speeling

Funny, the guy in that classiczcars.com thread, texasz, who said the information would always be available because he owned the server, apparently let it lapse.  Maybe one of those wayback machines can find it.

Randalla, how are you going to restore the car if you don't know how it was built?  Just curious, that's why I asked about specs.  Looks like somebody already took your beetle badges.

Zed Head, if you're asking if I have a build sheet, the answer is no. I do have the list of standard features on all Scarabs, know what #160 is missing and I know what Scarab options mine has on it. I've been collecting Scarab information for years and the guys who run the registry have been hugely helpful.

Where is the Registry?  Can't find a link.  I'm reading different things about standard features.  Don't want to load up your thread.  Just asking what you're planning.

texasz was last on the forum October 2015.  @texasz

http://forums.hybridz.org/topic/104678-v8-scarab-registrationnumberinglogos/page-2

Edited by Zed Head

Well yes and  no.  All of my sites are down at the moment as I am migrating to new hardware and updating the software at the same time.  This has taken FAR longer than I ever wanted/expected it to.  I will have everything back up, it will just take me a little while.  Please forgive the downtime. 

Hey!  Good to see you Allan!  I have been looking for your archive.  In fact, Mike sent me an e-mail a couple of months ago wondering if my link still worked (which it didn't).  It a really good resource.  Best encouragement for getting it up and running again.  Let us know!