IGNORED

1972 Datsun 240z Clean Title

73str86

Selling a healthy project car. Located in Colorado Springs, CO.

$6000 FIRM

20160909_184259.jpg

20160909_152833.jpg

20160909_184356.jpg

20160909_155251.jpg

20160909_184236.jpg

20160909_184041.jpg

20160909_150227.jpg

20160909_154346.jpg

20160909_125456.jpg

Fully rebuilt low mile L26
Comp High Energy 252S cam
Completely torn down, rebuilt Round Top SUs
New distributor cap
New NGK wires and plugs
New rotor
Header
2.5" exhaust
Remanufactered OEM Nissan starter, rebuilt distributor
Air box included

-Needs timing verified/reset. Engines runs well through all of the gears but there's a sputter at 3,000rpm. This should be sorted out within the next week. 

-authentic BRE rear spoiler
-flares available for extra $150 [only taped on in photos]
-Solid floors, except fiberglass patch near rear passenger floor
-Solid framerails, light rust at inner fender areas
-Bondo on lower front passenger fender, both doglegs, rear area under taillights was skimmed/smoothed.
-Solid battery tray, spare tire well, hatch latch area
-Has a diff/driveshaft thud
-replaced clutch master cylinder
-needs rear brake work (wheel cylinder)
-2 inch wheel spacers all around
-Fresh ignition switch to be installed
-No door keys

-Needs rear brake overhaul

-Car is wired for four speakers, radio not hooked up
-No rear bumper

-Cracked windshield
-Honda seats, otherwise complete interior
-260z iron cross wheels, like new 195/70/14 all season tires

Clean title in my name is on it's way in the mail. Car will go on eBay when title arrives (two weeks or so).

• 3 months later...

You don't have a timing light?  Who rebuilt the engine?  Are the fender wells cut under those flares or are the flares just attached on top of the stock body?  

Also, it says complete interior but there's no carpet.  Do you have the bumpers?  And what's going on with the key hole?

Questions that come to mind...

key hole.PNG

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/1/2017 at 0:06 PM, Zed Head said:

You don't have a timing light?  Who rebuilt the engine?  Are the fender wells cut under those flares or are the flares just attached on top of the stock body?  

Also, it says complete interior but there's no carpet.  Do you have the bumpers?  And what's going on with the key hole?

Questions that come to mind...

key hole.PNG

I do have a timing light. Time is the factor. I don't know who rebuilt the engine. The body is not cut for flares. Yes, sorry, no carpet. Just some floor mats. No rear bumper. The image is a vinyl decal with the Datsun emblem. Car is currently listed on eBay. I'm going to install a fresh reman dizzy and see if it gets rid of the sputter.

Just trying to help.  Honest.  I see the tape now, but I'd take the flares off and show the car without them.  I'd show the passenger side of the car also,  I always get suspicious when parts of the car aren't shown.  Might as well post the eBay link too.

Is the big red dot a decal?  I'd take the decals off.  No offense, I know you're really showing your vision for the car, but buyers would rather see a clean slate.  Looks like a decent car.

Edited by Zed Head

Yes that looks like it may be a solid car.  The engine bay looks clean and unmolested too. Floors are pretty good and so is the spare tire bay.  if a guy had a 240z fetish and even if he already had 1 -2 of these cars, he would respray the thing back to green... yea that's what he would do.  Lots of potential there. Hmm.   :) 

• 1 month later...