IGNORED

[SOLD] 1971 240Z for Sale. Fresh Restoration.

zKars

1 hour ago, jfa.series1 said:

Possibly what I don't see???

Door Sills 2.jpg

Ah yes, another of the eternal list of decisions. Go with a "used" set of DATSUN sill plates lovingly (and slowly) restored, or use a fresh set without? Or spend $$ on someone's NOS set...

image.jpeg

Trade someone four sets of used for one NOS?  

At least I can offer the buyer either option. I need a longer powder coating oven.....

3 hours ago, zKars said:

Ah yes, another of the eternal list of decisions. Go with a "used" set of DATSUN sill plates lovingly (and slowly) restored, or use a fresh set without? Or spend $$ on someone's NOS set...

image.jpeg

At least I can offer the buyer either option. I need a longer powder coating oven.....

All those sill plates and not two to be refreshed?  Grab a choice handful, stick 'em in a long mailing tube and send them down here to the southern province.  I'll have a go at getting them back to a 10!

image.jpeg

I have a powder coating light system. No oven required! Powder coat any size too.

Yeah I saw the Eastwood hot lamp system. How the heck to control temperature properly or is it that forgiving?

I think I'll buy another matching cheap toaster oven, chop the ends off of both and "merge" them. Just imagine the roll of duct tape around and around the seam.. Think Red Green. ;)

• Like 3

So I have the beast up on jack stands working on the exhaust, and thought I'd post a couple of pics so you see the incredible un-touched un-rusty ness of this thing. Please ignore the green coloration in some pictures. its the "filter" I have on the halogen light.

I know I have a bit more scrubbing to do, but I wanted to show the never un-coated (or very very perfectly removed undercoating at some point) underside. I've stripped and coated everything from the firewall forward and rear suspension area back, but left the middle alone to prove the starting point quality. Nothing to hide here.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

The front of the frame rail/TC rod pocket is in the coated area here, as is the area above that where the re-inforcing/doubler plate is located. The messy stuff is painted seam sealer around the plate, not coated rust flakes! Really! Honest! Crappy shadows.....

image.jpeg

I think I'll leave the exhaust wide open like that....

image.jpeg

End of the frame rail. Flat, clean, un-scathed.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 2

Looking at these pictures there is something I need to take care of and it may be something you all need to consider.

Check out the gap in this seam where the firewall curves under and meets the floor pan!

image.jpeg

I've seen this on other Z's but never one this wide. Can you spot the same thing on the other side? I'm going to hammer that shut and get the seam sealer out.

And you wonder why these thing rot away....