IGNORED

Are these original to a 2/71 240Z?

Tomcat

I'm trying to get back to the correct parts on a 2/71 production date 240Z ... are these below stock or have they been replaced? I have run across some things that appear to be series 1 ... maybe leftovers as 2/71 was the first month of series 2, right? Also, I've never seen the stickers like there are on the window ... they look like they say "Japan" in white with a faded red background and a faded red circle (Japanese flag?) Thanks for any help.

--Thomas

20160823_082909[1].jpg

20160823_082950[1].jpg

20160823_082813[1].jpg

Edited by Tomcat
edit

Quick answer: no, no and no.  The muffler looks like a 280Z type but it could be aftermarket.  AN original stock muffler was round.  The gearshift knob is aftermarket possibly AMCO part #99990-00005 which would have been an authorized accessory for the 1972 model year cars.  The window decal is something you would find in a tourist store.

This page from Carl Beck's site will help you with your 2/71 "crossover" car.  http://zhome.com/History/New71Late.htm

which means that you may have a mixture of early and later parts.

SNC15379.jpg

SNC15380.jpg

SNC15388.jpg

Exh-diagram-0001.jpg

On 24/08/2016 at 10:28 PM, jfa.series1 said:

Note that pic of the rear of the car has the "early style" hatch - I'll not call it a Series 1 lest I upset certain personalities.

Suggestion from 'A Certain Personality': How about calling it a 'vented type hatch' (as opposed to 'vented quarter') to make the difference clear?

The difference being The Whole Point...