IGNORED

1971 240Z - 46K Orig Miles - Crashed

BMARKCO

19 hours ago, Mark Maras said:

I realize the car is for sale but have you priced fixing it? It seems a shame to part out a solid car with low miles. Parts are available.

PM sent, I have the entire section (in orange) to repair it.

Fixing it may be a bit beyond me.  I may have to keep it in mind depending on how the insurance works out.  Thank you.

19 hours ago, nismospek said:

Sorry can't help you out with the value. Not many Zs around Denver too. Sorry for your loss, I hope your insurance gives you a fair deal so you can get into another Z soon

Thank you.

16 hours ago, Patcon said:

What are you asking for the car the way it sits? Is it at a salvage auction?

I don't know how to value it right now, so I don't have an answer to your question.  It's in a towing yard right now.  It's future is still unclear.

16 hours ago, Mike said:

Sorry to hear about your loss.  Hope you are OK.   Such a tragedy when this happens, especially to someone who took such good care of the car.  Good luck with your venture to find another car and the future of this little gem.

Thanks.  I'm okay, a bit twisted up.  

15 hours ago, Darrel said:

was this a daily driver, what kind of insurance did you have?

It was a daily driver for a little while.  I just started driving after having it garaged for a very long time.  The other drivers insurance is covering the entire loss.  I did not have a stated value for the car, as I did not know that was needed until now.  So, I need to prove it's value.

15 hours ago, NickG719 said:

Sorry to hear what happened sounds like your having to prove to her insurance how much it was worth which is a shame. Do you have pictures of the car before the crash? They might help with any evaluation. Sorry for your loss hope you're ok

Here's a photo before it was crashed. Thank you for your concern.  I'm still kicking.

20130922_183353.jpg

14 hours ago, madkaw said:

Very fixable if you have amazing talent and a frame straightener and lots of time. That's hit hard

Sent from my iPhone using Classic Zcar Club

Here's a photo that shows how hard it was hit.  The fold in the body behind the driver's door was actually caused by being hit on the rear of the passenger's side.

20160819_114621.jpg

Wow glad you're ok. If you do decide to sell it how it sits I'd be interested. I sent you a PM. Its a good thing the insurance is covering the entire loss. It was a beautiful car before the accident. I don't have near as much experience as most members here but I'd value the car in the mid teens before the crash. Is it a automatic or manual?

I'm so sorry for your loss. My '73 is insured with Hagerty for $18K, 90,000 original miles. Her insurance co. will fight you hard for their money. They will try to undervalue it so be prepared to lawyer up. Get hold of your insurance co., too. You are going to be doing battle with her insurance co. FWIW, my son is a trial lawyer in Boulder. He owns a '77 Porsche SC and he would be worth a call. He loves to do battle with insurance companies. PM me and I'll give you his info. BTW, I've been thinking about selling my car. If you are interested let me know. Perhaps we can work something out.

Cheers, Mike

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pop's Z said:

BTW, I've been thinking about selling my car.

I have been thinking about the same thing. I just don't enjoy driving it as much as I did.

The main reason is everybody is in a hurry and not looking where they are driving.

Somebody is always tailgating me. Its driving me nuts.

This is why I only drive the Z less than 1,000 miles a year. More like 500 miles lately.

I have had a lot of close calls recently just with my daily driver. At least daily drivers are easy to replace.