IGNORED

Fun Parts and Identification Help Needed for HLS30-00249

240260280z

1 hour ago, Blue said:

3 rubber elbows,,,, I'm thinking quarter windows?

Rubber Elbows.jpg

Rubber Elbows2.jpg

These are tool storage compartment trim strips. Should be 4.  Two per tool bin top edge to protect your precious hands as you reef the jack and stuff out of those cubbies.

249 doesn't have the storage cubby holes so put away for another day.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, zKars said:

Is this not the stock battery cover that goes under the top hold down bracket? We spotted a couple of these at ZCON.

Tres Cool!   It seems more like a seal.  I thought the battery covers were hard plastic.  This is like inner-tube rubber. 

26 minutes ago, Mark Maras said:

Googled the part #. It's a good Mercedes #, Couldn't find any pics to verify it. One description says it's a console part, another says ABDeck Cover. How large is it?

Thanks!  You are right:  http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mercedes-W116-Apoyabrazos-Respirador-recortar-agujero-de-relleno-/222033900375?_ul=BO

Armrest breather... must be for big sweaty arms.

2 minutes ago, Blue said:

Could this be for a non-240z?  The spare hold down plate on the car has rubber trim and a round piece as well.

Right, 249 should have that round plate as you describe. This piece is later 240/280. 

25 minutes ago, zKars said:

These are tool storage compartment trim strips. Should be 4.  Two per tool bin top edge to protect your precious hands as you reef the jack and stuff out of those cubbies.

249 doesn't have the storage cubby holes so put away for another day.

Thanks!

2 hours ago, Blue said:

More photos of the prototype seat belt hook next to the series 1 hook

Let me say something here and try to help you out with your ideas about things.  There is no such thing as "series 1, series 2", etc.  That is American market nomenclature for differences between model years and an attempt to label Japanese production methods equitably with the American automotive manufacturer's methods we're familiar with.  It just doesn't work that way.  What you may call "prototype" was production at the time.  Prototypes were not sold, exported, delivered, what ever.  Certainly there were parts that came with the very early cars that were almost immediately superseded by something similar but really all you can say is; "oh look!  This part is manufactured differently".  There isn't any rhyme or reason to what part went on what car and you certainly can't attach a certain "up to serial number" label other than what appears in Nissan documentation.  And even then you are going to find anomalies.

• Like 1

Thanks 26th!

I corrected the references to prototype earlier.  My understanding was that some parts were not produced in time  so they used parts from other sources that were used on the early production models not meant for release to the public. The plastic fuel filler knob being one.

Jim here is the plastic cover for the battery... maybe that rubber flappy part is an early version?

batterytop1.jpgGasket Seal Cover.jpg