IGNORED

End of an era for me.

Walter Moore

Hi Walter,

Glad you are OK (for the most part) and so sorry to see the car damaged like that.  That is always my fear when driving my '70 is somebody running into me, so I try and keep my distance.  But, you can never predict what other drivers will do.   Looks like a lot to repair, so maybe you will consider another Z in the future.  Keep us posted on your health and how all works out with the car.

Best regards,

Rich

Glad you are recovering from such a severe impact.

You must have had a guardian Z angel.

The Z can be fixed despite the damage---hopefully the Explorer driver has good insurance and you are treated fairly in the process of getting you and your Z back to good condition.

Best Wishes!

Jim D.

"Zup"

I agree with Zup, the Z can be repaired but it would require a really good frame man and the title will most likely be branded "salvage". It's unfortunate but this car has probably seen it's day unless you are really motivated to fix her...

It might be too early to know but is the other driver taking responsibility or claiming it wasn't their fault?

I recently got rear ended in our other car (it was a nice day so I almost drove the Z) and the guy tried to claim another car had hit him and pushed him into us and then left the scene; even though there was no damage to the back of his car.   When I told the officer that if the other car went around us like he said then I'd have footage of them on my dash cam the cop walked away with the other driver for a bit and came back and said "He isn't certain he was hit so he's going to take responsibility." then he smiled and asked "do you really have a dash cam?".   Now I'm adding rear cameras to go along with the front ones that are already on all of our cars.

50 minutes ago, ta240 said:

It might be too early to know but is the other driver taking responsibility or claiming it wasn't their fault?

I recently got rear ended in our other car (it was a nice day so I almost drove the Z) and the guy tried to claim another car had hit him and pushed him into us and then left the scene; even though there was no damage to the back of his car.   When I told the officer that if the other car went around us like he said then I'd have footage of them on my dash cam the cop walked away with the other driver for a bit and came back and said "He isn't certain he was hit so he's going to take responsibility." then he smiled and asked "do you really have a dash cam?".   Now I'm adding rear cameras to go along with the front ones that are already on all of our cars.

That's why for my Z I run GoPro clones facing front and rear.

Walter ......Add my name to the list of well wishers. Doesn't look repairable to me, but there are a ton of nice Z's showing up for sale all of the time......most of the fun is in the restoration IMO. BTW....to everyone reading this thread.....Hagarty is the way to fly.....stated value insures that you get every dime that your car is worth...I hope that's who you were insured with. Not sure, but would guess that if you are insured through them, the other insurer would be obligated to the same amount or else Hagarty would make up the difference. Glad you're still with us Walter:D

19 hours ago, Diseazd said:

Walter ......Add my name to the list of well wishers. Doesn't look repairable to me, but there are a ton of nice Z's showing up for sale all of the time......most of the fun is in the restoration IMO. BTW....to everyone reading this thread.....Hagarty is the way to fly.....stated value insures that you get every dime that your car is worth...I hope that's who you were insured with. Not sure, but would guess that if you are insured through them, the other insurer would be obligated to the same amount or else Hagarty would make up the difference. Glad you're still with us Walter:D

That is something worth looking into as I'm planning to go with Hagarty. 

My guess is that Hagarty would pay our your claim even though it is the other drivers fault and then they would go after the other driver's insurance to get as much of their money back as they can.  That is what my regular insurance did for our latest impact.  
I don't think Hagarty could force the other company to pay the agreed value price but they'd get what they could out of them and cover the rest.

Edited by ta240