IGNORED

End of an era for me.

Walter Moore

Well, it was fun while it lasted.

Yesterday evening I was driving my 240Z down the alley next to my house on my way to the car wash in anticipation of the Midwest Z show today, when I was hit broadside by a Ford Explorer that was speeding down the intersecting alley. I have not heard from an Insurance company, but the firewall is bent, the dash is broken, and the driver's door is within a 1/4" of the steering wheel. Not a fun time. I am back from the hospital now, recovering from a concussion and whiplash.

CAM00784.jpg

CAM00785.jpg

CAM00788.jpg

CAM00789.jpg

• Like 1

You are a fortunate survivor after being broadsided by a vehicle with twice the mass of your Z.  Sorry about the extensive damage to your car, glad your injuries weren't more severe.  Every time I drive my Z I have concern about being in a similar accident with the limited crash protection a 46 year old car offers.

Dennis

16 minutes ago, psdenno said:

Every time I drive my Z I have concern about being in a similar accident with the limited crash protection a 46 year old car offers.

I think the same Dennis.

Walter Moore, it's a miracle you weren't hurt any worse than you were. Such a bummer about your Z. I'm no body guy but do you think it can be fixed?

Hope you feel better soon. 

That is a shame. You are fortunate to walk away with just a concussion and whiplash. Recovery can take a while, but looking at where the door is, it could have been a lot worse.

Hope the structual damage is repairable. It would be sad indeed to let her go.

I wish you a speedy recovery and good fortune with the insurance company negotiations.

You are a very luck guy. That could have easily been much worse. Left side chest level where the heart is.

The impact ripped the quarter away from the rocker. Was there a previous repair in that area?

I feel a little bit safer in a 280 with that steel reinforcement bar in the door but  a speeding suv into our lightweight 240,280 doors is a very bad place to be hit.

Edited by hr369