IGNORED

1971 240Z rebuild

RS02

Hello everyone! I just bought a Z from a really nice guy in Texas. 5745292ea51f2_ImageUploadedByClassicZcar

The car doesn't appear to have too much rust, but the front radiator support got hit by accident and bent in. It also curved the frame rail just by the radiator a little bit. I got the car today. Found some flare by factory and a few other stuff. The fuel system is not working but engine turns freely. I am planning on keep dig through the car to see what other problems I have. 57452a839813c_ImageUploadedByClassicZcar 57452a961a087_ImageUploadedByClassicZcar57452ab1020bb_ImageUploadedByClassicZcar

Sent from my iPhone using Classic Zcar Club

Cool car!

That rubber shift boot is out of a ZX I believe, you may have a short throw 5 speed.  If the inspection light works, you'll have good luck with the car. :)

Curious about the hose running around the distributor.  It looks like the intake coolant line from the thermostat housing but where does it terminate?  The valve cover hose looks like it connects to where the coolant hose should be connected on the intake.  I just got through plugging all that off.

Looks like it has a period friend across the street, maybe a Buick or an Oldsmobile or is it a Cataract?  It still has the fender skirts. 

49 minutes ago, psdenno said:

Always good to see another '71 being made roadworthy!  What's holding your battery down so it doesn't bounce around?

Dennis

Thanks! The PO used a cord to hold it in place. I also found a rubber one with hooks on each side. Maybe that is for the same purpose.

3 hours ago, siteunseen said:

Cool car!

That rubber shift boot is out of a ZX I believe, you may have a short throw 5 speed.  If the inspection light works, you'll have good luck with the car. :)

Curious about the hose running around the distributor.  It looks like the intake coolant line from the thermostat housing but where does it terminate?  The valve cover hose looks like it connects to where the coolant hose should be connected on the intake.  I just got through plugging all that off.

Looks like it has a period friend across the street, maybe a Buick or an Oldsmobile or is it a Cataract?  It still has the fender skirts. 

Thank you! PO said it's a 4-speed and it feels like one too. For the inspection light, I will check on those as soon as I got home today!

I'm not sure about the hose you mentioned, I will check it out sometime. The car across the street looks like a Buick, But nobody has done any work so it's been sitting there for a lone time.

2 hours ago, siteunseen said:

What coincidence!  Here's your filters and shows where the valve cover hose should be connected.

Thanks man. I saw this thread a little while before. 

1 hour ago, RS02 said:

Thanks! The PO used a cord to hold it in place. I also found a rubber one with hooks on each side. Maybe that is for the same purpose.

The factory metal frame hold down will work well enough with current batteries that are not the dimensions of the original factory battery.  Here's a link:  http://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/PROD/12-4251

Call me crazy, but I think it's good to have the battery secured with something other than a bungee cord.

Dennis

The factory metal frame hold down will work well enough with current batteries that are not the dimensions of the original factory battery.  Here's a link:  http://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/PROD/12-4251

Call me crazy, but I think it's good to have the battery secured with something other than a bungee cord.

Dennis

Yep. I will get one since I don't trust in the cord neither.

Sent from my iPhone using Classic Zcar Club