IGNORED

Need original power antenna for 72 240z

KiraK

Hi Z friends!

I would like to find an original working power antenna for my 72 240z. 

I need all parts if possible. I have tried aftermarket antennas and either don't like the look or have had trouble making them work with my up/down switch on my original a.m./f.m. Stereo.

Anyone out there have a working antenna they have replaced and no longer have a need for? 

Ok Z pals... Do your thing, my girl is missing hearing her music!

Thanks!

K

The lil z lady :) 

Can't seem to locate him on this site. I did a search with his name, but nothing found? Any ideas? Thanks for the lead btw... Hope you can further assist. 

K

The lil z lady:) 

Thanks Patcon, I don't know why I couldn't locate, but I appreciate the link. I have many parts I'm looking for, should I send him my whole list? Or just the antenna request? 

Thoughts?

BTW, where is this show located at? Would they be interested in a pretty cherry classic original (not a ton of upgrades done, just a nice original car? Lmk, if so, and depending on date and local, I'd be interested in showing my car!

Appreciate your input on both questions :)

image.jpeg

• 2 months later...
7 minutes ago, jalexquijano said:

I need a manual antenna for my 1972 240z! Any nice looking one?

There aren't a lot of choices.  You can have the short floppy black rubber one that miscreants won't break off to make a zip gun or you can have the shiny chrome extendable kind that they will.  Even if you get the extendable type that can be fully collapsed and locked, there will be a time that you forget to push it down and someone will break it off or bend it double just because it's there.

A couple questions....

What manual types have you looked at so far?

Why not get an electric antenna?

Dennis

Antennana...

Oh my... What an odyssey this antenna thing has been! I didn't think getting a replacement that would work with the original equipment would be so difficult! I originally purchased an antenna that was supposed to fit and work seamlessly... NOT! It didn't fit and I had to return it (So beware of buying on eBay for replacement that is supposed to fit your 240z) 

In the end, I purchased a small antenna that can be easily removed when washing the car. Unfortunately it is not power. (See attached photo) It works great, looks good, was inexpensive, and I have no complaints. I purchased it at O'Reillys Auto Parts. 

I was finally able to find a NOS original factory antenna (I paid a silly amount for it, but at least I know it will function as it is supposed to!) Like u mentioned, I pray I don't forget to make sure it's down before some silly kid walks by and snaps it off! Grrr! ) It will be installed next week! Can't wait! 

K

The lil z lady :)image.jpeg

Edited by KiraK

21 hours ago, psdenno said:

There aren't a lot of choices.  You can have the short floppy black rubber one that miscreants won't break off to make a zip gun or you can have the shiny chrome extendable kind that they will.  Even if you get the extendable type that can be fully collapsed and locked, there will be a time that you forget to push it down and someone will break it off or bend it double just because it's there.

A couple questions....

What manual types have you looked at so far?

Why not get an electric antenna?

Dennis

I was thingking of purchasing this one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Datsun-1970-83-240Z-260Z-280Z-280ZX-Radio-Antenna-Mast-Stainless-Adjustable-154-/322214768805?fits=Make%3ADatsun|Model%3A240Z&hash=item4b057f30a5:g:mw8AAOxyTMdTKIwy&vxp=mtr

Just wanted something that could looks as OEM as possible but being manual. I have an aftermarket Electric one but have not install it since i wouldnt like to be driving with the antenna up and just listening to a CD. I understand that i will need an additional interruptor to pull the antenna down.

21 hours ago, psdenno said: