IGNORED

ZX turbo remote oil cooler question

I've got a factory remote oil cooler from a ZX turbo on my Z but one of the fittings between the mount and the radiator is leaking so I need to remove it and repair it.  I didn't mount it on the car and am curious if the threaded fitting on the block is still there so I can remove all of the oil cooler components and just screw the oil filter back on to the block or was it removed to put the remote mount on.

Any help would be appreciated.

You should be able to remove the adapter for the oil cooler where the stock filter mounts, to bypass the cooler.  You might need to re-install the oil filter stud, I don't remember if it is removed to fit the adapter on.OilStud.JPG

Thats what I was wondering myself, is the stud still there.  I don't think it is because the adapter bolts on to the block and I don't have a stud readily available..

Edited by gogriz91