IGNORED

Need help in the Seattle area

Bill.Oakes

Hi all,

I need some help with a car that I'm inheriting from my brother-in-law's family, the car is located in Mountlake Terrace, north of Seattle, Washington. 

Regrettably, by brother-in-law passed away last year, but his daughters want me to have his 240z to keep it in the family. I live in the Chicago area and I want to have it shipped here. The car hasn't run for more that 20 years, but is in very good shape and rolls easily. I'm arranging for a shipper (suggestions are welcome) but he also had some spare parts that I don't think I want to have shipped. I'm still getting details, but it looks like he had a series-1 transmission, maybe some SU carburetors, and other miscellaneous parts. 

I might be able to fly out and get things sorted, but if there is someone in that area who can go over to look through the parts that would help a lot. We could probably make a good deal to whoever can make it there. 

I'm trying to make this as easy as possible on his daughters, they're putting the house up for sale and have a lot on their hands, and minds. 

Please contact me at boakes@gmail.com

Thanks

Bill Oakes

Edited by Bill.Oakes
typo

6 minutes ago, Terrapin Z said:

Darn it, I was in Mountlake Terrace yesterday.  

@Terrapin Z Do you get out there often? 

Thanks to the others for jumping in, too.

I talk to them yesterday, they're cleaning out more "stuff"  so the house can go on the market this weekend, and it looks like the only parts are the transmission, carbs, and some springs, maybe a rear strut assembly with drum? I'm attaching a pic that they sent to me.

I'd like to sell the parts to someone out there so the girls can have the cash and I don't have to deal with shipping, etc. 

Thanks again for the help.

-Bill

parts.jpg

9 hours ago, Bill.Oakes said:

@Terrapin Z Do you get out there often? 

Hi Bill

I go to Seattle every couple of weeks or so, It is about an hour & a half North of where I live. 

I just picked up a pile of parts a couple of weeks ago, so I wasn't really looking.... but if the price was right maybe.