IGNORED

Turn signals don't work '80 280ZX

bcharmane

So what I've seen so far is that this is a regular occurrence. When I bought the car the turn signals worked but as soon as it started raining they went out. The lights don't flash on the dashboard nor the outside. But when I turn my hazards on, they show on the dash and outside. What could this be?

On ‎21‎-‎3‎-‎2016 at 6:18 PM, bcharmane said:

So what I've seen so far is that this is a regular occurrence. When I bought the car the turn signals worked but as soon as it started raining they went out. The lights don't flash on the dashboard nor the outside. But when I turn my hazards on, they show on the dash and outside. What could this be?

Get a multimeter and start measuring ! Turn on the turn signals and measure if you have a 12v pulse going to the turn signals. Put Multimeter on 12 DC

So: Put left turn signal on, and start measuring on the connectors of the front and rear left light bulb. You should measure at least a max peak of 9 volts.

If not, go measure voltage @ the flasher relay. This way you can trace the problem.