IGNORED

Tare Weight

That Ozzy Guy

trs, shhhh! you're going to jinx me.

They didn't actually admit anything. The gentleman said that he has to check the blue slip and that would arrive at the particular RTA tomorrow. If there was an entry error they would refund me the money. If not....

Funny thing is I got their tech department to fax their spec sheets to me which shows that these cars have a Tear Weight of only 1020. Apparently they are meant to use these as a guideline but the gentleman wouldn't have none of that. He wanted to check the blue slip. Left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing...

If there's an entry error on the actual blue slip then I imagine they will give me the run-around.

Originally posted by Cuong Nguyen

Hi All,

my '73 240Z has a "Tare" weight of 1067kg (WA Transport)

BUT: they listed the "Body" as sedan!!! (how can they can get things soooo wrong?)

Hope that helps,

Cuong Nguyen

Ha, mine is a sedan too! I just looked at the rego. and its due tomorrow. Lucky I checked it.

Better not tell them its a coupe, they might up the insurance charge.

It also says its a H530 not HS30.

Tare 1067

Another thing.

For 6 months:

My honda has a tare wieght of 975. Lic fee $53.60 all other fees the same as the 240z.

240z lic fee $60.35

Commodore tare weight, 1115, $67.10

Licence fee is based on car tare weight.

So if we can get the Tare weight set to the correct 1020kg we could save some $$ per year.

Sure its not much (about $10 to $15 per year) but no one likes getting ripped off by the government.

WA 240z owners are being overcharged!

Originally posted by Alfadog

My 240K is registered as a 240C.......... mmmm

they weigh more, I wonder if I can get back 30 years worth of overcharge? ROFL

Lachlan, if I remember right, the tech sheet I had from the RTA rated the 240K as 1200 tare weight.

350 Chev anyone???:bunny:

Originally posted by W.A.ZED

Mine is rego'd as a "coupe" with a tare weight of 1067 kg

my chassis # is H530 as well.

at least they got the weights right in W.A

240z are about 1025kg in weight, so they are wrong and are charging us too much. (I'm in WA).