IGNORED

WTB Stock 8-track player for a 240z

Perfect240Z

Very had to find what you're looking for. I've got a later am/fm unit thats aftermarket.   You have a 70 240 ?  You might be interested in this one on ebay. You might just be able to put a new faceplate on it to fit a 240z http://www.ebay.com/itm/1971-Datsun-510-8-Track-Player-and-Radio-/231849189127?vxp=mtr

I do believe the "stock hitachi" 8 track for the s30 was only available in markets outside the usa and will be difficult to find.

This is a video of the one kats put in his 70 z432. https://youtu.be/dp3rXgBE7pU

8-tracl.JPG

eight-track-510.jpg

hitachi-8track.jpg

Edited by hr369
  • Like 1

I'm pretty sure the 8-track was only available in Japanese market cars? Happy to be corrected though! 

I've seen a few in Japan but I've never seen the Clarion FM adaptor accessory for sale.

I am pretty certain that the 8-track style radio's came in Fairlady Z-L's, Z432's and 240ZG's.  

This is the later style hitachi 8 track and they even made a hitachi cassette that i've seen in the s31.

I will keep an eye out for the older 8 track.

Back in the day they even had adapters for 8 tracks that let you play cassette tapes

eight-track-hitachi.jpg

hitachi-cassette-s31.jpg

I was the first one on the east coast (in Miami) to get a stock 8 track for Redwing.  So I know they did get some here.  My Dad worked for a Datsun/Mercedes dealer, and I did too a few years later.  I know what I'm saying.  But who knows how many they sent to USA.

I will look, but I think it is long gone now.  That was 45 years ago.

On ‎2016‎年‎2‎月‎28‎日 at 3:27 AM, 26th-Z said:

This is mine.  Kats did a big write-up about the FM tuner insert.  It's somewhere in the archives.

Hitachi8-track-1.jpg

Hitachi8-track-2.jpg

Hitachi8-track-3.jpg

Hitachi8-track-FM_Insert.jpg

Hi Chris!

Last summer I found there are 2 types of 8 track, the one you have is the later type which has "DX" button and different style knob for an aerial mast.

And a new feature is an automatic scanning AM radio.

Pictures which I uploaded are the early type, no DX button and square knob for the aerial mast. No-Auto tuning AM radio.

Kats 

PS I will PM you later.

ps30-00088 188.jpg

ps30-00088 187.jpg

ps30-00088 186.jpg

ps30-00088 182.jpg

Edited by kats

Kats I know this is a wanted thread so perhaps not the best place to discuss. But would you happen to know the difference between: 

TM-1081ZB(S) and TM-1081ZA(S) ?

It seems like it might be just an internal revision for Hitachi and maybe the part no. stayed the same. However if you know more I'd love to hear about it.

If you prefer you can reply here:

• 1 year later...