IGNORED

[2016] What Did You Do To/with Your Z Today?

zed2

Didn't do anything to mine today. First official day of spring break for my two sons. Need to get another argon for the welder and finish rebuilding the hatch panel that was just about completely non-existent. A little more sandblasting underneath and I will be able to begin the reassembly process. Two little boys take up lots of project timeIMG_20140101_192728_346.jpg

IMG_20151113_170321_715.jpg

IMG_20140101_192655_560.jpg

IMG_20131221_191134_892.jpg

I finally mounted the 240Z style rear bumper on the 260Z. I bought the bumper brackets from @DatsunSpirit. I did need to slot the brackets slightly. For that I took a rotary rasp to the brackets. It didn't take long for the holes to line up perfectly. I measured the location for the mounts on the quarter panels and drilled holes. At that point, it was pretty much just tightening up the bolts.

However, I did have one minor scare. To bolt on the right side quarter panel mount, I needed to remove the access panel in the wheel well. As I started to loosen the lug nuts on the right rear tire, I found one just finger tight. That may explain the vibration I have been experiencing over and above the issue with loose driveshaft bolts. I hope to get some photos posted tomorrow.

GEDC0434.JPG

Edited by SteveJ
Tagging Datsun Spirit
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, Lumens said:

I was not sure what manifold gasket to use with this ported E31 head. So I laid the old Felpro N42 to overlay on the E31.

I think another new N42 gasket will be just fine. Now I can keep moving ahead.

IMG_20160328_145735.jpg

I highly reccomend nissan # 14035-E4610 manifold gasket. $15 from my local dealership. Took a couple of days though but fit and finish is fantastic. Here's mine on ported E-31. Felpro is fine but don't stop short now. 8^)

1459218839391.jpg

1459218711695.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, siteunseen said:

I highly recommend nissan # 14035-E4610 manifold gasket. $15 from my local dealership. Took a couple of days though but fit and finish is fantastic. Here's mine on ported E-31. Felpro is fine but don't stop short now. 8^)

Good idea. I think I will go that way. Thanks!!

17 hours ago, moelk said:

image.jpegLots of time spent on getting the lashpads size correct. 

But its now getting closer to drop the engine back in.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Just curious, what brand are you using for springs and retainers?

The lashpads seem to sit pretty high. I only had experience with stock and Isky

retainers so far. I just bought the Schneiter springs and retainers but not installed yet.

On the Isky retainers we found just the opposite. Lashpads sat too deep.

• Mike locked this topic