IGNORED

Ken's 280z Resto Thread

ksechler

Beautiful work!  Encourages me to keep going on my project.  Did you bead blast the calipers before painting or was that paint thick enough to give such a smooth looking finish.? I am still in the tear down stage of my 280Z, not even close to thinking about caliper restoration, but always looking for good ideas for my Z.  The fender flares may be a better option for my rusty Z instead of a patch panel for the quarter panel edges.  Thanks again, John-Lugoff, SC.

9 hours ago, rossiz said:

is that por15 engine block paint? i used that on my L28 rebuild and was very happy with it - hadn't thought about using it elsewhere

No, its Eastwood ceramic caliper paint.  I may be somewhat against the grain, but I don't like POR15.  I've experienced too many adhesion issues.  

3 hours ago, One Way said:

Beautiful work!  Encourages me to keep going on my project.  Did you bead blast the calipers before painting or was that paint thick enough to give such a smooth looking finish.? I am still in the tear down stage of my 280Z, not even close to thinking about caliper restoration, but always looking for good ideas for my Z.  The fender flares may be a better option for my rusty Z instead of a patch panel for the quarter panel edges.  Thanks again, John-Lugoff, SC.

I did not bead blast.  I used a wire brush and chemically cleaned it. 

• 1 month later...
On January 21, 2016 at 1:54 PM, One Way said:

I haven't posted in a while.  I'm still plugging away.  I have been working on the final assembly, and leveling the panels.  I want to make sure everything is good before I paint this thing.  

My motor is almost done.  Eiji (of Datsun Spirit) will be bench running it next weekend.  I need to make sure I have a home for it.  

DSCN0920.JPG

DSCN0921.JPG

DSCN0922.JPG

• Like 1