IGNORED

My 73 240Z

nomuken

So I decided to start a thread to keep track of my mild build and to share my experiences and such

25th of august a longtime dream came true. I often wrote on my blog "one day I will...". I do fantasize about a S30 for at least 10 years now. And the 25th was the day, I got myself a Datsun 240Z. It was imported from the US to Europe in 2011. It is a 1973 model, and I love it!

chimay1.jpg

On the second try I managed to pass technical inspections and got the car registered. Thanks again Eric for borrowing me the stock-ish wheels.

Till now I did a tune up (spark plugs and wires; distributor cap, finger, points and condensator; ignition coil and ballast; fuel pump). Soon I will get the carb setted again. And then it's a go for modding and restoring piece after peice. Think i will start by optimizing and restoring the interior and modding the suspension.

8-snct1200.jpg

And 2 pics from cars and coffee this weekend. I love driving this car. And I try to do it as much as possible to find as much weak points as possible. So I know what to change, modify, make better this winter.

wpid-wp-1443432940137.jpg

wpid-wp-1443432939823.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks for the replies. As I do mostly everything on my cars myself expet bodywork, I searched for the most rust free car I could buy for my money. Don't forget, even though this is an US Model Datsun, these cars are much pricier here in Europe that in the states. Just to explain, the P.O. bought this car in USA for something around 9000-9500$ in 2011. Now it was sold for 18000$ and I still think it was really reasonably priced for the condition it's in.

This winter I'll do my best to restore the interior and the suspension to where I want it. Than drive it next spring to autumn and do the engine/gearbox the following winter.

Interior will be reconverted to as stock-ish as possible, exept some retro bucket seats, so I don't get thrown out of the stock seats while havig fun on the curvy roads around here. And so the headrest actually reaches my head (6ft5) :-) Got the same seats in my trackday Alfa-Romeo and I just love em.

What seats are in your Alfa?

Seats are some OMP classics in leather and cord (corduroy) Had to steal some pics from another car from the internet:

seats11284691790.jpg

seats21284691768.jpg

Nicke car!!

Were in Europe are you?

I'm from Luxembourg. Quite a small country between Germany, France and Belgium

As my first order for the Datsun has arrived at my doorstep I did some tune up and refresh:

wpid-wp-1444332935994-e1444380341935.jpg

My engine was missing the timing tab, so I got myself a new one from ebay:

$(KGrHqF,!hUE6ccwGLG-BOog+SF,Z!~~60_1.JP

I then put the engine to TDC to see if the tab is installed right and had a bit of a surprise, seems like the pulley on the car doesn't match the tab, or doesn't match the L24 at all. Because the notch showed on the wrong side of the block :-(

wpid-wp-1444332952229.jpg