IGNORED

Packaging and support from MSA

Zed Head

Probably many of their items come in a box (with no cushioning) from their suppliers, so the box may need to be in a box. Like rockauto does.

When I bought an MSA aluminum radiator a few years ago (excellent product) it arrived with a bracket sticking out of the box. Fortunately it was ok, but it could have easily been ruined. Imagine a cross-country or international delivery where many transport employees (with their bosses telling them to hurry up) would have handled it. 

• 2 weeks later...

I've had damaged goods on arrival.  One of my exhaust tubes was dented on arrival.  It had to be hit HARD to dent one of those.   No packaging whatsoever besides the box.

I also had one package arrive completely reeking of Marijuana.  The box, it's contents including the receipts were so strong it could be smelled from many many feet away.  Being in Canada, and usually shipping to the USA; I drive to a shipping depot, pick up my items and then drive back across the border.  The scenario started with the man at the shipping depot stating "This one smells interesting." After emptying the contents, and searching the package I felt it was "safe" to cross the border.

Long story short, i'm surprised I wasn't on an episodes of "Border guards", as I got the full search.  Luckily my profession is fairly respected and requires many border crossings daily.  They went a little easier on me, but it wasn't a pleasant experience when your career rides on crossing international lines daily.

I sent them an email or called on each occasion, and received nothing back.  I don't expect them to admit anything about illegal narcotics, but some sort of customer service would be nice. I never posted this last year when it occurred as I was going to give them the benefit of the doubt, but after receiving my dented exhaust with no reply i'm a bit fed up.

Buyer Beware.  Maybe one day they will care.  I try and source my parts elsewhere when able.

Hey guys, I'm not sure if this post pertains to MSA's shipping standards.  Post #1 has nothing to do with this topic at all.  It's a link to Hybridz and something being sold on Ebay.  The other comments regarding damages and smells are going to be related to the carrier.  Anyway, if you have an issue that needs resolution, I highly recommend a phone call to their office.  They will take care of you...

Mike, the classiczcars information is there in the link, you can see it but for some reason it goes to Hybridz.  I cut and pasted over a mistake and the software kept the Hybridz link with the classiczcars label.  I'll see if I can find the classiczcars thread and repost.

The point of the thread is that MSA IS NOT responding to the issue.  

I posted in the vendor's forum so that MSA could respond directly.  It's really up to them.  I sent them an email also, with a link to this thread.  No response. The purpose of these forums is to share this kind of information so that we can make informed choices.

Edited by Zed Head

Mike I fixed that link and tried it and something in the forum software switched it back.  Very strange.  Somehow those tow threads are linked.  I'll try here - 

http://www.classiczcars.com/topic/51980-balance-driveshaft-after-installing-new-u-joints/page-2#entry474992

Here's the title - 

Balance driveshaft after installing new U-joints?

Guys, I'll make a call to MSA this week to see if we can help get this resolved.  Please PM me what you want them to resolve and I'll give it a shot.  They are our biggest sponsor and its in our best interest to assure any issues handled responsibly by both your side and our side.  

In your PM, please include the problem with your shipment and any efforts you have made.  Keep in mind this needs to be fair on both sides, and I will not stand for public bashing based on unreasonable requests.  So please think long and hard about what kind of request you are making and send it over to me.  Please also include your phone number so I can call you if I have questions.

MSA is a very responsible and reasonable company, I know the owners and they work especially hard to make sure customers are happy with their products.

Mike

• Like 1

Gents,

I renamed this topic to reflect the items in our discussions.  I also just visited the web page over at MSA and it appears one of their long term employees, Abe, has passed away from liver cancer.  Abe was part of the phone support staff, which could explain why you are seeing a lack of communication from them at this moment.  His funeral was yesterday.  http://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/CTGY/Abe

I'll give a call to their office this week and get back to you with some of the details around your shipments.  It's the least I can do to help MSA through this difficult time.

Mike

• Mike locked this topic