IGNORED

Question Auto To Manual 240K C110 Coupe

stang21181

Hi guys,

How are you?? 

First of all id like to say gday as im new around here and recently purchased a 240K coupe. I just had to say what a great little forum here.

Im doing my 240k up into a GTR and i apologise in advance as i know this has been done to death but....its question about my current pedal box in my coupe. 

So being a auto and doing all the reading from this website and others im going to finally do the conversion. The hardest part is the pedal box im lead to believe..... BUT i got under my dash tonight and found a nice surprise and just wanted to confirm first that in fact im already set up to accept the clutch pedal....... It looks like it has been modified under there or factory stock not sure.... I just want to make sure first as i have heard of some coupes coming setup ready to bolt in the clutch pedal.

If its the case im stoked! :D  If anyone has a photo of there manual setup and can post a photo that would be greatly appreciated. 

If anyone could help that would be great weather it be bad or good news :)

Heres some photos. I apologise for the blurriness of the photos

Thanks for looking

D5826832-F603-464B-B5C5-5D7F9C996E25-206

681A5A94-0474-4794-A619-B3ABCBB60DB8-206

I am pretty sure all the auto pedal boxes are almost the same as manual pedal boxes except for the clutch pedal stopper.  This is a right angle bracket fitted to stop the clutch pedal returning too far towards you. Easy to fit and have seen it covered in some of the auto to manual conversion threads on this forum. I have sold 2 manual parts cars and all I took out was the pedals because the pedal box looks like a big job.

Thanks for the info Yamahacam. Well now to find someone that will make that stopper......

In regards to the pedals i thought id just shave the auto brake pedal down to size but can i use another brake pedal  as the clutch pedal as they seem to look the same except for the bend in the frame?? 

Also if anyone has a manual set up and sometime could they please take a photo or 2 of the set up it would be greatly appreciated??

Thanks guys

Al 

You can use the auto brake pedal, just cut it down and slip the manual cover over.

You can bend up an auto brake pedal to be made into a clutch pedal.

You don't need to change the pedal box, only add a stopper. I added one on the bottom "rail" of the pedal box as shown in pic one.

And in regards to your other post looking for a clutch master, both the master and slave can be bought new from any Brake and Clutch place. I used Slacks Creek Brake and Clutch for mine (up here in QLD), they even got me a brand new clutch off the shelf.

Let me know if you'd like some photos. I believe I've got some somewhere from when I converted mine, and I can do to the car and take photos of as it sits now.

Oh, there is a blanking plate in the engine bay where the master bolts, just undo and you're in.

I forgot to mention in my previous post you'll need to also add one more hole for the clutch pedal spring. Or (with small hands) you can get it into a small hole up in the pedal box which works perfectly fine.

Hoybo

Thanks for all the good info. Ive picked up a master and slave cylinder and installed the master already so those parts aren't a drama but id love to see a pic or 2 of someones manual set up. I understand the clutch stopper and spring bit as well so thank you for pointing me in the right direction. 

Ill go hunt down a pedal from some where. In regards to obtaining a circlip and pin for the end of the pedal rod where the clutch attaches to does anyone know where i can get them?? Would a Z or another datsun have a similar set up?? 

Thanks for all the info guys. 

Al 

i can post up a photo of a manual pedal box when i get home if you like?

Both mine are manual (coupe and sedan).

I'll take a few and post them straight into this thread for you ;)

If you need to see the setup I'm located in Melbourne as well.

Look us up on the FB page too