IGNORED

[2014] What did you do to/with your Z today?

Arne

Very nice looking 10 footer!

Thanks, the body and paint was done in the early '80s and the paint is definitely showing it's age, some faded and checked areas. Luckily the rust repairs are holding up well, as the car is parked for winter. One day I hope to do a re-paint back to the original 918 orange.

Your '72 looks very nice, and only 5% to go, wish I could say the same. Aren't those last few points always the hardest. LOL

At least be sure to make it out to Z Nationals. Heck you might be closer to Z1 than I am.

Is that at Barber's? I live 2 blocks off highway 411 that runs into highway 78 that goes to the track. 45 minutes from my house. Or at Talladega's road course? 30 minutes from my house. I'll google that for more information. Thanks Steve.

• 2 weeks later...

post-24191-1415082931458_thumb.jpgYesterday, on the way to do some work near LAX I saw this parked near the road.

So on the way back stopped at the "Proud Bird" and checked them out. I'd hoped the MIG was one of those that China sold for $150K back in the 90's, in flying condition with legal lights, etc. (shipping n.i.c.), but no. No engine etc., but still cool. When Col. Chuck Yeager tested the first one captured back in the fifties, he called it the best plane he ever flew. It out-flew the F-86 in almost every respect (according to an F-86 pilot I talked to), but the F-86 was the superior war machine due to it's guns, gunsights, pilot protection, and pilot training.

Also, that futuristic orange thing is the bell X-1, first supersonic plane, also piloted by Yeager. Also saw P-51's, WWI planes, etc.

post-24191-14150829313725_thumb.jpg

post-24191-14150829313985_thumb.jpg

post-24191-14150829314182_thumb.jpg

post-24191-14150829314381_thumb.jpg