IGNORED

Looking for a km/h speedometer!

moelk

whitehead performance in canada has the km/h speedometer for the latter 260/280 for 299.00 on the e-store under rare s30/240,260,280z parts.

Just checked online at whitehead performance.There e-store list the 240z km/h speedometer for 349.00,out of current stock.I would give them a call or e-mail them since they recently received a shipment of parts from Japan last month.Good luck

Edited by ericzx
correction

Try posting a parts wanted ad at Auszcar.com as all there s30 240z's came with the km/h speedometer.I'm pretty sure some of the auszcar members has one sitting around from updating there factory guages to aftermarket.

Yes i looked at that one. But i want the one that goes to 240km/h and the red mark starts at 190km/h. Found this one, owner says it from an 280z fairlady from japan. Anyone know if it will fit a 240z -73? Thinking about the electric.

Assume they are the same size? And in worst case i guess could just swap templets.

post-23183-1415082609504_thumb.jpg

I would be interested as well if we could find one :)

I think your best bet would be to find a speedometer in km/h in Europe.

One alternative that would be cool is to just replace the "front cover" where the numbers are from Mph to km/h. It should be a 10€ plastic sheet part.

You could also look for unworking speedometer to recycle the "front cover"

Edited by Lazeum

Yes i looked at that one. But i want the one that goes to 240km/h and the red mark starts at 190km/h. Found this one, owner says it from an 280z fairlady from japan. Anyone know if it will fit a 240z -73? Thinking about the electric.

Assume they are the same size? And in worst case i guess could just swap templets.

I think they will fit but the wiring connector is different and the 280Z has the extra wiring for the brake switch warning light. The 240Km faces are really rare these days. Most 240Z's I have seen here come from the states and have the Miles faces. You will need to find a European or maybe Australian Z and those markets were small compared to the US.

Chas

I just dug around (for a TB) and happened to find this one I bought ~ 2004 of Ebay Canada.

No red line to warn so I guess we fear speed less in Canada. :D

post-7641-14150826167749_thumb.jpg

Here is a permanent pic of the Ebay link JDm above:

post-7641-14150826168481_thumb.jpg

Here is what a good friend did: http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/interior-s30/34543-metric-speedo-overlay.html

Edited by Blue