IGNORED

New member, new 240K Sedan

Perth 240

Looks nice. Certainly in better condition than mine. :(

Mine also said Datsun, also a 1977.

Ray, is yours the green one with the white vinyl roof? (this one: 1236925_10151890490877994_2054033678_n_zps2225b61e.jpg Photo by whiteknight1977 | Photobucket)

Sunday the 20th October is the Z Day meeting. More info here: WA Z Register - Datsun 240Z & 260Z Register of Western Australia

If you have a Datsun bring it down. There was an original condition 120Y there last year. Would love to see some other L6 powered Datsuns there.

Mine is that green one / vinyl roof correct, that pic was at a meet a few weeks ago, but I am Dave not Ray ?

I will post some pics of it so you can see it fully soon. Have you got some pics of your K at all ?

Would have liked to have gone to the Datsun day but as I said I am over east so cannot make it there, are you a member of the Z club ?

I showed my K at the Whiteman park car show recently and the Datsun cub gave me all the info to join, just not got round to it yet, I was showing mine with the Toyota club at the time ?

So that's 3 x 240k's in Perth now then, we are expanding !

Mine is that green one / vinyl roof correct, that pic was at a meet a few weeks ago, but I am Dave not Ray ?

I will post some pics of it so you can see it fully soon. Have you got some pics of your K at all ?

Would have liked to have gone to the Datsun day but as I said I am over east so cannot make it there, are you a member of the Z club ?

I showed my K at the Whiteman park car show recently and the Datsun cub gave me all the info to join, just not got round to it yet, I was showing mine with the Toyota club at the time ?

So that's 3 x 240k's in Perth now then, we are expanding !

Sorry Dave. With such similar aliases I got your names mixed up.

I'm Craig. Yep i'm a member of the WA Z register. I have a 240z also. None of them drivable :(

Unfortunately I'm sitting in the middle of nowhere on an oil rig at the moment, so no cruises anytime soon. Hopefully I should be back before that Z cruise though, which I will try to get to.

I saw photos of your green Datsun from that show, looks mint. I dig the vinyl roof.

Judging by the fact that the previous owner was elderly, and that the badge looks weathered, I don't think it's ever been changed. The car is a manual, has AC as well but not working, thing its out of gas.

I've always kept towballs on cars that have them, little extra insurance in case someone rear ends you.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Ray, Grats to you.:cool:

Thats a really "rare" find you have there. Looking at the photos it looks in great condition.

The front yard special doesnt look that bad either except for the rust in the lower panel area. Now a good hoarder would have it up on blocks with grass growing up through the bonnet.

LOL

Chas

@Uras1

I checked the trims and they all have cracks in them, the best of them looks like yours does sorry.

@240k Style

I thought the guards were ok til a closer look the bottom rear section was all bog and disintegrated when I took it off. I can get pics but can't imagine yours being worse.

Thanks mate. The bottom of my RH guard is also gone but the top is just bent and creased. Nothing a good body shop couldnt fix. Thanks for looking though mate. If i find a better one eventually i'll keep the crap one as a spare. Just nice starting off a solid base.

Still can't believe you found a parts car almost identical to your own LOL