IGNORED

Z35 the new 240?

240260280z

If you look from the back to the front, you can see a nice shape forming with smooth lines...I think there is a nice car underneath that drawing but Nissan 'stuck" an ugly virtual body kit on the nose hood and sides to still keep these parts secret (like camouflage vinyl on early test mules at the track). The convoluted "Angry Bird Face (even with a beak)" and reverse-mustang side swooshes are not "z" and seem to give it away.

Edited by Blue

• 2 weeks later...

New Nissan Z Car, Code-Named Z35, in Pipeline - Motor Trend

It's a nice car, but they just don't make em like they used to anymore. It will weigh around 1300 kg, that's 300 more the the 240Z. And they are going 4 cylinder turbo :(

I don't like today's styling features either, are the designers on drugs ?

Those big wheels also look ridiculous.

For me personally the old cars have a certain feel and emotion to them.. it's all metal and mechanical, while the new stuff is alot of plastics, computers and much easier to drive hence all the modern stuff, also more silent on the inside.

For me personally the old cars have a certain feel and emotion to them.. it's all metal and mechanical, while the new stuff is alot of plastics, computers and much easier to drive hence all the modern stuff, also more silent on the inside.

Let's hope the new plastic in the dash holds up better than the plastic they used in the '70s Z dashes.

Dennis

Where do I start? Too many angles. Too many useless creases and surface features. The chopped roof & greenhouse. The lack of outward view. .

The sharp angle creases, etc. are all there because this is the concept car. By the time the accountants are finished with the design it will look like the 370Z. The final cars NEVER look like the concept.

Case in Point: The Nissan Design center in La Jolla produced a beautiful looking Altima with gorgeous lines and styling. I saw the model in their facility. What was produced by the factory from that design looks like the old Altima. Sad but true. I am guessing this Z will undergo the same transformation.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...