IGNORED

Article: Honda Wiper Motor Upgrade for the 240Z

• 2 weeks later...

Dave,

Thanks for the great writeup and pictures, nicely done! One advantage to using the Honda Civic motor you selected I think (as opposed to the '97 Honda Accord motor I used) is that due to the Civic's slotted drive shaft it is easier to have the park position work. To make the park work on the Accord motor the shaft has to be ground off at the right angle.

Mike

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...
I'm sorry, I must be missing something simple, but where/how is the relay wired in? Thanks

Click on the link in the first post. Then find the bitmap file in that link, "Datsun to Honda wiper diagram". It is a diagram of the wiring for the relay.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
4 hours ago, wheee! said:

Would be great if someone could repost active links to this mod. Hybridz links are broken....

I remember doing that mod on my 1st Z and I thought it was great until someone pointed out that the real problem was the ceased up bushings on the linkage that I cleaned up as well. That made the Honda motor look fantastic until I reinstalled the original wiper motor and could see no difference between them, now I just go straight to the linkage.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

This may help, the 1992-2001 Honda wiper motor pin outs when facing the male connector coming from the motor are, left to right ABC on top row and DE on bottom row.(See Diagram)  This is particularly helpful when purchasing a rebuilt motor. Also some of the Honda Motors over the years used slightly different wire colors.

scan0003.jpg

• 4 years later...