IGNORED

Plastic Chrome Plating Group Buy Opportunity

Mike W

During the restoration of my 1974 260Z, I found numerous plastic parts on my car that needed to be re-chromed in order to restore them to original condition. Trying to find an affordable plating service that could perform this work was nearly impossible until I ran across a service that had been promoted on this site with a group buy opportunity. I took the plunge, had a number of parts from my car re-chromed, and was very happy with the results as well as the pricing. This service was provided by Mike Robbins, aka 9teen7t240z.

As a result of this transaction, I had numerous conversations with Mike about the potential of working together to broadly promote this capability to the restoration industry in general and the Z community specifically and ended up becoming the first authorized distributor for his capability. I have geographic responsibility for the state of Texas and Mike has also asked that I serve the needs of the Z community given my passion for these cars as well as the work that I had done on my own classic Z.

To kick off this new partnership, we have decided to offer another group buy opportunity to any and all members of the Classic Z community and we will offer our plastic plating services at discounted prices only for this one time opportunity. We have the ability to re-chrome literally any part on your classic Z car (other than bumpers and wheels), plastic or metal, although our plating specialty and largest differentiator is our plastic capability. We have already plated hundreds of parts for many satisfied customers and our prices are unbeatable. Below are a few examples of the work that we have done.

post-19584-14150824232563_thumb.jpg

The group buy special prices for the most common Z parts are as follows:

240Z Heater Control Faceplate $90

260Z / 280Z Taillight Surrounds $200 / pair

240Z Tailight Finishers $100 / pair

A/C Vents (center and round) $44 each

260Z / 280Z Door Pull Finisher $20 each

Door Handle Escutcheon $22 each

240Z Series 1 Hatch Grill $34 each

The group buy opportunity will work as follows:

1. Customers will have the opportunity to take advantage of this one time discounted pricing until May 30, 2013.

2. All parts from the customer will need to arrive at our US based depot by the date listed above.

3. Customer will be responsible for shipping to and from our US depot address.

4. All parts received will be inspected for platability. Customer will be informed of any issues that may arise during this inspection and before the plating process begins.

5. Turn around time is approximately 4-6 weeks. Upon completion of the plating process, parts will be returned to the customer.

6. All payments will be via PayPal.

If you have an interest in participating in this one time opportunity please send me a PM so we can begin the process and also so I can address any questions or concerns that you may have.

I look forward to working with all of you and helping to bring your classic Z’s back to their original glory.

Mike W.

post-19584-14150824230403_thumb.jpg

post-19584-1415082423119_thumb.jpg

post-19584-14150824231876_thumb.jpg

Duffman - from a preparation standpoint each and every piece we receive is stripped of any old plating or coating that was on the piece originally and so the customer does not have to do anything to prepare the pieces for new plating. The condition of the old plating is of little concern as it will all be removed prior to being re-plated.

We do look for defects in the base plastic to metal to determine platability once the original plating or coating is removed. If the base piece is free from pits or other defects then we are usually good to go. If for example a metal piece had defects left from rust this might not be a good candidate for re-plating and in such a case we would contact you directly to discuss the situation.

Based on the description of your part above it does not sound like it would be a problem.

Hope that helps.

Mike.

I also want to let everyone know who may be interested in this group buy that our special prices do not just apply to the parts listed above, but we will also offer group buy prices for any other item from your Z as well as parts from any other make and model.

If you have a different Z part or a part from a totally different car just send me a description (and ideally a picture) on PM and I will get back to you with a specific quote.

Mike.

I wanted to provide a few more pictures of other parts we have chromed from the Z. Some of these like the 280Z door handle finishers originally came as chrome while the tie down strap buckles I believe were originally CAD plated but you can also see what they look like in chrome below.

Don't forget that we will need to receive your parts no later than May 30 to take advantage of this special group buy, so start collecting the parts you have always wanted chromed, whether they be for a Z or some other make / model.

Mike.

post-19584-14150824249064_thumb.jpg

post-19584-14150824245853_thumb.jpg

post-19584-14150824246464_thumb.jpg

post-19584-14150824247068_thumb.jpg

post-19584-14150824247692_thumb.jpg

post-19584-1415082424831_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Just one last reminder that our group buy ends on Thursday of this week. This is the date when we must receive your parts so you still have time if you get them off to us by tomorrow.

If you have any questions, just send me a PM.

Mike.

Dan,

If you are referring to the entire center piece / hub for a mag type wheel, they would be $40 each for the group buy.

If you are referring to just the "D" Medallion, they would be around $20 each, again only for the group buy.

Mike.

• 5 months later...