IGNORED

My Datsun 240Z

Holy Cow - what ya feeding that thing! I couldn't see the head so I thought it had to be a bully. That's the fattest Jack Terrier I ever laid eyes on. We had a Patterdale Terrier that just passed at age 14 - Zu Zu :) She was the best dog ever :(

Yes the passing of a dog can leave a huge hole in our hearts.

We sold a Bichon Frise' puppy to some people, and it chewed up the leather back seat of their Mercedes 350 SLC.:ermm:

Should have had him in a traveling crate eh.:stupid:

Edit. Sorry a bit off topic there.

Edited by olzed

Good news: tomorrow I can pick up the new brake shoes for the rear, and repaired brake cilinder for rear left :) So RDW will be mid next week...

Worked a bit on it again, sprayed half of the inside of the rear fenders and made all the plastic in the back locked again in place with the correct speednuts. ( all where missing ).

The fun part is, I got the radio antenna back working somehow :o, it's still the original one, but the motor was all cooked up inside, it looked like I couldn't repair it, but somehow after some greasing and cleaning it went back to life... made a good solid bracket for it so it won't come loose.

View My Video

Installed the brake pads with new shoes and the repaired brake cilinder, but now the drums won't come on. ( the cilinder is all adjusted back ) I gave them the maxium drum size which is 2300mm.. mm anyhow, tomorrow I will let a machine shop take some out of the drums, and then it should be fine. So meanwhile I went to work in the engine bay, and one side is done today.

15i714k.jpg

2r70p6q.jpg

Thanks Blue, the rear drum brakes wasn't difficult, I did notice thanks to the drawing in the manual that the bigger spring was mounted on top, while it should be down at the cilinder. Anyhow I let a shop put new pads on the shoes, but now the drum didn't fit over it, when fully adjusted inwards. So the pads are to thick. The shop is closed this week holiday, so I will go back monday to let them take something of the pads, and then I can put the car back on it's wheels and bleed the brakes. ( I first asked a machine shop about taking something out of the drums, but he also adviced taking something of the pads instead )

Meanwhile while I have to wait, I am working on the engine bay, I sprayed everything back into the blue color of the car, since that was all nasty and grey.. cleaning up the engine and parts a bit, but wil be painting the engine block in summer.

Now the carbs are a problem ;) but a friend can help, he maybe has 2 good ones. ( it are 4 screw )If he has none, I'll prob let a shop rebuild them, or get a set from the US. Anyhow I'm speeding things up a bit, need to be back RDW within 2 max 3 weeks.

There's still a piece of the emission junk on the exhaust manifold, but I will try to take that off in the summer, it's verry corroded, and feared breaking it :(

2dh8if6.jpg

2zoxndk.jpg

2itoeo0.jpg

2edr1ia.jpg

Edited by bartsscooterservice

Okay.. next update ( tomorrow I can go back for the rear brakes ).

Thanks to help here on the forum in the SU section and some friends, and information from the internet I was able to clean ( also the nozzles )and rebuild the Hitachi carburetor. I've done 1 now, and will do the other one tomorrow if I have some time between my work. Everything works smooth again. Any advice on the damper oil? I've got different engine oils forehand and ATF.

30aark9.jpg

1z2dddx.jpg

eqyvy8.jpg

qoyady.jpg

2cr377c.jpg

35ix34n.jpg

jtujjq.jpg

168sjmh.jpg

3088ndk.jpg

2e1go46.jpg

1zcn882.jpg