IGNORED

Harmonic Damper problem

steve91tt

My harmonic damper decided to come apart on my track car last night.

post-20531-14150821853196_thumb.jpg

It was only 54 weeks old (52 week warranty). It used to look like this...

post-20531-14150821853842_thumb.jpg

"The manufacturer reported safe rev limit with this Damper is 10000 rpms"

I'm hoping the engine was not damaged. Time will tell.

Any recommendations for a new damper? I'm leaning towards this one...

http://www.bhjdynamics.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=10&products_id=241&zenid=0usn3hloiia3ff5sr1himig8n6

What brand and model so future damper replacers can avoid the problem?

Did you install it yourself or have a shop do it? Just curious about any installation problems. I know that MSA's damper is often too tight to install without modification.

To be fair, my car spends most of its life between 5000-7000 RPM. I have the same damper on my street car and I'm guessing it will last a good long time. So I guess I'm guilty of buying two of these as well.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a damper that will handle high RPM's for extended periods of time?

Blue, Diseazd, Why did you guys buy two of them? Wasnt the first one bad enough?:stupid:;)

Looking at the photo, she must of went with a bang. Your lucky it didnt damage anything else while it was disintegrating.

I've got 5 Z's......I ordered them both at the same time. They were so damned tight, I had them machined to fit. Still sucked.....threw them away......didn't want to give anyone else my headache. Just say I trusted MSA to know it's product.

Steve,

I have two of the Euro dampners that Datsun sold out of the comp department. I also have some alloy pulley that I think they also sold. I don't really know what they're worth but if you need it, I'm sure we can come to some sort of agreement... Oh, I have an extra of that comp pulley bolt too...

post-16545-14150821853971_thumb.jpg