IGNORED

My two swiss S30Z Fairlady Restoration build thread

JDMjunkies.ch

My good friend Stev was kind enough to get me a set of Stickers over at JNC while he ordered some for himself. BIG THANKS, mate, as usual - apprecciate your support man!

Love the JNC gold "Inkan" Emblem and the Okamoto Condoms "OK-Hand" stickers :)

P1080359-Kopie.jpg

Also expect some new parts arriving during the next weeks. spent a lot of money ordering parts and temperatures are rising again so i hope i get some more recent updates on the car during next weeks again :)

The previous owner of the black z told me he had a few extra parts in a container which were missing. the car was almost complete except the bottom part of one seat and the passenger door panels and taillights. So when he finally told me he'll deliver me those parts i expected only these parts. But then i got a complete transporter filled with tons of small pieces i still have to identify :D Here's what i got:

1) A lot of interieur panels fron the hatch i guess:

P1080378-Kopie.jpg

2) a set of spare rear side windows, spare clutch, spare starter motor and other pieces:

P1080379-Kopie.jpg

3) Set of spare gauges and taillights (Second taillight see below)

P1080380-Kopie.jpg

4) A spare fuel tank :D

P1080381-Kopie.jpg

5) Boxes full of small electronic pieces, broken junk, spare seatbelts, spare cigarrette lighter, shift knobs, spare careburators, and tons of small things:

P1080382-Kopie.jpg

In one of the boxes i found this bag of Cat-weed seeds *LOL*

P1080383-Kopie.jpg

6) broken center console, door steps, and a lot of other items

P1080384-Kopie.jpg

7) More panels, spare-tools bag, steering column cover and another broken center console:

P1080385-Kopie.jpg

8) Missing passenger side door panel and tons of doorsteps and stuff:

P1080386-Kopie.jpg

9) Missing bottom part of the passenger seat and a few worn out emblems, steering wheel switches, and more spare gauges:

P1080388-Kopie.jpg

10) And another rear bumper (i already got two with the white car *LOL*)

P1080389-Kopie.jpg

Good thing is i have a lot of spare parts to choose from now. bad thing is i believe a few parts belong to the 260Z the previous owner also had, and a few parts are useless for me. I think i might be able to sell a few parts, but most of them or really worn out or broken so let's see. they need quite a lot of space in my garage and i think i'll sort out all the broken parts soon and throw them away. Anyway i'm happy i got a bit of a "treasure" here and at least a few of the parts might be pretty useful at one point maybe, so i'll keep all of them until i'm done with the car :D

• 2 weeks later...

Finally i found some time for the Z again and fortunatly i had some nice progress:

After working a few times on the carbs without being able to get them off i finally got rid of them today:

P1080404-Kopie.jpg

and out they are :)

P1080407-Kopie.jpg

started to remove the horns also and found this weird wiring at the front end...?!?

P1080408-Kopie.jpg

P1080409-Kopie.jpg

and off they are:

P1080410-Kopie.jpg

hope to have more progress soon, a nice and big package should arrive here soon :)

Everytime i'm able to spend a bit of money to add another big piece of the puzzle makes me smile. So today when the FedEx lady rung the bell on my door with a huge package, which continued this:

P1080411-Kopie.jpg

1) A Complete set of Fiberglass ZG-Style Overfenders:

P1080413-Kopie.jpg

2) A Xenon Urethane front Air dam:

P1080414-Kopie.jpg

3) And last but not least a set of aftermarket steering rack boots (I went for the aftermarkets because the cost 1/20 of the original items and i can't see any benefits of using old NOS parts compared to fresh aftermarket items):

P1080416-Kopie.jpg

Just a quick question, where did you get the Xenon air dam?

I see them in The Z store, but reluctant to buy it because the chance it will get damaged getting it over here. I have been trying to find a European dealer with no luck.

That is a treasure trove of stuff you got from the PO. The cat weed seeds is definitely the bonusLOL

Thanks chas

Thanks Nils, I might just do that. I have used them before and they are fast and cheap with shipping. Them and Rock Auto are the best out there when it come to delivering on time.

PS: Looks like your doing the morning rounds on the forum too:)

Chas

• 4 weeks later...

Finally - An Update!!! :)

Haha, yeah we had the damnest longest winter since weather measurement (no joke!) and therefore we had snow and freezy temperatures until late march. anyway good news today:

A Package from Japan arrived with a ultra-rare unicorn piece of Japanese racing history:

A genuine forged Aluminum Kakimoto racing "valve cover" which i've been looking for almost a year now and when i almost gave up it popped up on Yahoo auctions so i just had to get it. don't ask me what i paid for it, hahaha:

P1080431-Kopie.jpg

The previous owner painted it in a wrong colour sos i'll have to redo that and also hilight the letters again but who cares :) Also got this battery kill switches from Wing takeo for my EK9 project but ordered a second one for my Z so i can switch of the battery when stored away :)

P1080432-Kopie.jpg

Last but not least i got the exhaust system removed, cleaned up the mess in the garage and removed a lot of wires and hoses from the engine.

P1080435-Kopie.jpg

Also should get back my engine-hoist which i loaned out to a few friends and never got back so i should be able to get the engine and tranny out soon - yikes :D PROGRESS :)