IGNORED

My two swiss S30Z Fairlady Restoration build thread

JDMjunkies.ch

Well started to remove the front axle stuff today. can't show you a lot of progress because due to a lot of rusty bolts i wasn't able to complete it yet. still soaking stuff in WD40 :)

1) Completed the garage-cleanup and sorted all the tools and labelled the drawers. Much easier to find stuff now :)

P1100165-Kopie.jpg

2) Then started with the removal of the steering rack / tierod end links, but not complete yet:

P1100167-Kopie.jpg

3) Next was the stabilizer bar front, almost done but not complete :P

P1100168-Kopie.jpg

3) Same for the doglegs, almost done but not complete :)

P1100169-Kopie.jpg

Hope to be able to remove the entire front axle soon ;)

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

Got some stuff done again:

Started with the removal of the tierod-end links. one worked fine, the other one destroyed my splitting-tool. ok, have to find another solution :P

P1100201-Kopie.jpg

removed those side-skid panels within the fender-housings:

P1100203-Kopie.jpg

and out they are. one seems to have a custom-made rubber extension :)

P1100205-Kopie.jpg

also removed those water-drip hoses inside the car:

P1100206-Kopie.jpg

both out:

P1100207-Kopie.jpg

and while working i found an old wrench inside the space where the wiper motor usually sits. someone must be missing this one for ages :)

P1100200-Kopie.jpg

• 2 months later...

After vacation, a few crazy weeks at my job, a rusted-through exhaust system on my daily car and a lot of other stuff going on, im happy to have some good news. I finally found some time for the fairlady again and i have a big Package of JDM-parts for the Zed coming in the next days. So be sure to watch this thread here next week :)

Nothing big today, just wanted to thank my mate Nils for his input. Thanks to heat and a copper hammer my stuck-for-weeks tierod end links came apart pretty easy and next step will be to rebuild the entire steering rack :)

P1110950.jpg

P1110951.jpg

Oh and then i got a TODA Racing flag from japan (you might know my EK9 is running Toda parts) so i decided to hang it in my garage :)

P1110005.jpg

P1110952.jpg

This is how it currently looks in my shed :)

P1110954.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Whoohoow! After some delay by the postal service i finally picked up a BIG Package today. So what was inside? A bunch uf nice JDM goodies and parts:

1) A Bunch of Kameari Racing Goodies like reinforced Transmission mounts, engine mounts, Engine Brackets, Steering damper deleter, and a NISMO Differential Mount :)

P1100995.jpg

2) A set of ENDLESS Reservoir tank covers (Just for fun :P)

P1100980.jpg

3) A Set of Autorefine ARC Stabilizer bars (For Cars with Differentials), including bushings and stuff...

P1110012.jpg

4) A set of IPF H4 Headlight conversion kits, including the High-power relay

P1110969-Kopie.jpg

5) And last but not least i bought a Poster from 7tune.com which is from the Famous Starroad Fairlady Z. THe poster is limited to 50, numbered and signed by Inoue-San from Starroad himself :)

P1100957.jpg

I Hope to get back to work on the car soon but because i'm so busy it's hard to find time.. On sunday i have another Datsun guy visiting me and I then i just have to annaunce another great buy for a big, rare part in Japan, which will hopefully arrive here within 2 weeks :D

Found a few spare minutes today, so i decided to jump into the workshop suit and get something done. well my progress wasn't that big, but at least i got something done :)

Steering rack before:

P1110986-Kopie.jpg

Found these nice Genuine Nissan stickers underneath the steering rack boots:

P1110987-Kopie.jpg

And that's what it looked like after an hour. Was quite a task to remove the sticky busihngs and stuff, but the rest shouldn't be that difficult after i'm soaking it heavily in WD40 now :)

P1110988-Kopie.jpg

Had some free time so i decided to uninstall the gauges from the dash, to do a few measurements and thoughts about the future installation of some oldschool aftermarket gauges.

Before:

P1120054-Kopie.jpg

From behind:

P1120056-Kopie.jpg

Removed :)

P1120057-Kopie.jpg

Out they are :)

P1120058-Kopie.jpg

And that's how they look from behind:

P1120059-Kopie.jpg

I always thought 52mm gauges will fit plug & play but the holes seem to be much bigger (like 80mm's) does anybody know how to install 52mm gauges in a nice way? or does everybody use 60mm? I'm a bit confused... Thanks for any input and / or advice :)

P1120060-Kopie.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Is it Christmas already? Well, feels so, because today i got a nice delivery with some super-rare parts from the land of the rising Sun again:

Forst the least important part: Some Oldschool Falcon racing stickers from RS Watanabe which will perfectly Fit my Falcon steering wheel :D

P1120085-Kopie.jpg

Then i Got a NOS Fuel 52mm gauge from the now out-of-business Omori Meter company. With the right resistance for S30Z Fuel sensor. Will use this one to figure out if it will fit into the Center gaues. if yes i'll buy two others :D

P1120089-Kopie.jpg

Like the Patina / wear on the original packaging :D

P1120091-Kopie.jpg

And now the Highlight :D A Brand new NOS BRIDE Histrix seat. they're so super rare that i've been looking for one since over two years and now found one on an occasion :D Brilliant quality. great design. just perfect. Maybe not really oldschool with that carbon shell but most people won't even recognise and honestly it's just the pure style and JDM-ness that made me want one of these for many years now :D Anyway, still need a second one :

P1120093_1-Kopie.jpg

P1120095-Kopie.jpg