IGNORED

Triple carb & ITB duality

240260280z

In theory one could drill out and install efi bungs on a triple carb's intake manifold then just use the carbs as throttle valves only. Removing the venturi's or reshaping would open up the upstream.

Just a thought.

The only applications I can think of are carb vs EFI dyno tuning convenience or using both at the same time so that carbs run slightly lean at ~90% of the fuel demand and the EFI acts as a tweaker to make up the rest to a finer precision.

Edited by Blue

I think it would be a lot of work and money and weight for little gain vs. just getting a EFI intake and committing to EFI. In the end I think the ECU would dictate the performance and I think it( aftermarket ECU) would make significant gains in tune and power.

The idea is doable for sure, and I have thought of it myself, but in my case my triples are so nice I would assume selling them to pay for a true EFI set-up, maybe even true ITBs. Now if you had some junk triples laying around you want to junk, than sure. But I would think the reason they were junk is because the throttle shafts were worn more than anything and that's what you need.

In my case, I just purchased a project off of ebay that someone started using a Cannon triple manifold mated to a homemade plenum . I will be weding EFI bungs to the manifold and go with a single throttle body. It seems the cheapest route and probably the easiest tunable set-up over ITBs